PDA

View Full Version : dinnertime!

speek
05-03-2004, 04:57 PM
here a pic of my stonefish a second before he devours that shrimp
enjoy:D

speek
05-03-2004, 05:37 PM
hehe yup thats the stonefish got him at pet kingdom they have been getting nice healthy fish as of late i got an angler there recently also very healthy

speek
05-03-2004, 05:55 PM
no problem well this is a stonefish i have 2 other smaller ones in the tank and they seem to get along pretty well in my 80 gallon they are pigs i trained them to eat frozen pretty easily also with a feeding stick(silversides) but like throwing in some live fare to keep the them alert I feed them 3 times a week and yes they are supposed to get up to 13 inches in length and they get as wide as they are long.. they do have very posionous dorsals that can be potientially very serious u always have to use caution and keep that in mind

SanDiegoReefs
05-03-2004, 08:57 PM
Old town, eh? Anywhere near Clark St.? I'm still trying to track down the owner of the tank down the street... ha.

-moore

ConUSsd
05-03-2004, 10:06 PM
watch out everybody, we have a stalker on the prowl again, LOL

hey moore, you might as well start stalking the resident and the next time you see them walk out there front door- "casually" strike up a conversation with them.

SanDiegoReefs
05-03-2004, 11:30 PM
Haha, Makubix and I tried to go say what's up to them, but nobody was home. Guess I'll never know...... *sniffle*

Oh, and any more 'stalker' talk and your accounts are going to be mysteriously removed, ha. Especially you Chap.

-moore

ConUSsd
05-04-2004, 09:11 AM
lol, i hate to say it, but i'm in the same boat as chap. i can't risk losing my posting privliges or else i might have to interact with the family and/or actually do some work at work.

SanDiegoReefs
05-04-2004, 09:24 AM
Originally posted by Chap
Damn... not sure if that is a joke or not.

I'm just messing with you Chap... it's all in good fun, right? Besides, I wouldn't do that to you... at least not until after the fragswap at your house, ha.

-moore

T. VO
05-04-2004, 10:22 AM
LOL! :D

speek
05-04-2004, 02:11 PM
hehe nope dont think its me (thank god)
j/k

brahm
08-26-2004, 02:24 PM
You still have your angler? Have you been able to get it to eat frozen, if so how?

JeromeBaker
08-26-2004, 02:54 PM
Originally posted by Chap
I may actually have to interact with my family :eek:

speek
08-27-2004, 10:04 AM
yea i still have the angler and yes i have been able to get to frozen I would recommend sallys brand silversides on a feeding stick just impale the silverside at the end of the stick and start wiglling it in the anglers(its almost as if they like to get teased it seems like) area they usually cant resisit the shiny fish once u see him take an interest and lure(sometimes without luring) present it a little closer and keep wigglin and boom after that he should snap it up.. just make sure its sallys or something just as good as long as they come nice and whole and big enough for the angler to recognize as food... lemme know how u do i feed these siversides to my 3 stonefish and my angler and they never refuse them u should do good:)

brahm
08-28-2004, 11:55 PM
Originally posted by speek
yea i still have the angler and yes i have been able to get to frozen I would recommend sallys brand silversides on a feeding stick just impale the silverside at the end of the stick and start wiglling it in the anglers(its almost as if they like to get teased it seems like) area they usually cant resisit the shiny fish once u see him take an interest and lure(sometimes without luring) present it a little closer and keep wigglin and boom after that he should snap it up.. just make sure its sallys or something just as good as long as they come nice and whole and big enough for the angler to recognize as food... lemme know how u do i feed these siversides to my 3 stonefish and my angler and they never refuse them u should do good:)

You don't worry about it biting down on the feeding stick and stabbing it?

speek
08-29-2004, 09:47 AM
i made sure the end of the stick isnt super pointy dull it out a bit if need be just to be safe and just stab the silverside through the tail if there is a good amount of the fish dangling the angler shouldnt even get close to the stick(an if in any case he does the tip is dulled so no biggie) after awhile u can even start hand feeding i do with mine when hes near the top of the tank