PDA

View Full Version : Hot Day!hot Week

BlueLagoonSD
05-02-2004, 10:49 AM
Will it ever end?? Tank hit 86 degress yesterday. :eek:

SanDiegoReefs
05-02-2004, 05:02 PM
Mine's holding off at 82.... room temp is 87.3 though, aaagggggghhh.

-moore

ninhsavestheday
05-02-2004, 06:11 PM
porcelain floors and custom oak shutters.. makes a huge difference. eventhough its 90+ outside, inside is nice and cool. :rolleyes:

nalbar
05-02-2004, 06:16 PM
my outside rock curing set up only got to 82. of course having 150 pounds of rock as a temp stabilizer helps.

as far as inside, i have central air and a wife who is not afraid to use it! a nice 75 inside!

nalbar

triggerSD
05-02-2004, 09:01 PM
It scared me. This is my 1st summer with a halide. Hit 84 today. I just left the pc on and turned the halide off. Is a chiller necessary in the summer because I dont want to lose my tank?

timd99
05-03-2004, 08:56 PM
It hasnt ended yet. :eek:

Im in north county inland, and it has been baking up here.
I hope this isnt a sign of what the summer is going to be......

ConUSsd
05-03-2004, 10:01 PM
i'm down here in pt loma and it was 87 deg yesterday and of course my tank is in the one room that sits opposite of the ocean breeze and is in the side of the house that gets hit with direct sun most of the day. URGGHHH, guess i'll have to give in and buy a chiller. so far the tank has spiked to about 82/83 and i'm maintaining the temp 79 - 81 w/ ice packs. unfortunately no relief in sight regarding the hot weather :rolleyes:

MrKrispy
05-03-2004, 10:14 PM
i don't know, I wouldn't worry about the temp going up 1-2 degrees, unless it is prolonged. I raised my pendant about 2 inches, and I normally run my photoperiod from 3-10. My tank temp hasn't gone above 80. No fans, no AC.

No idea what the room temp is either though.

SDRotary
05-03-2004, 10:28 PM
I am in El Cajon and it is baking! I think it was 95 today and my tank is getting to 84 even with a new fan from WM and only pc lighting. I have no ill effects yet but it still worries me.

sdreefer21
05-03-2004, 11:18 PM
I just moved and to top off all that stress i hit 87 in my tank. Well thankfully i only have softies, but we will see if they make it through the week!

Flamehawk
05-04-2004, 01:04 AM
get 2 liter bottle, fill it up with water and throw it into the freezer. Remember don't fill it up all the way. Each of them do take a while to turn into ice completly, so have 2-3 of them.

turn lights on at night and/or you can reduce the time your lights are on.

open up all the windows at night, get some fan to push the hot air out.

aim fan(s) to blow across your sump/tank.

if after all these, till can't get things under control, than turn on A/C. If your tank is in a room with window, than maybe think about buying a a/c unit that can be mounted on the window and close the doors. So the a/c just cooling that room instead the whole house/apartment.

or buy a chiller and pay the electric bill.

I am not looking forward to the electric bill and the hot apartment. :P

good luck all