PDA

View Full Version : What upgrades would you like to see

ensiferum321
02-03-2011, 10:24 AM
Well, as we all know the other forum has been going through some major changes. Just wondering what changes/suggestions everyone would like to see on here. I am in no way affiliated to make these changes, just wanted to see what everyone else thinks and maybe Blake will take some into consideration.

I'll start;

1)New colors, theme.
2)Changing the front page, every time I sign on, I don't want to see "Thinking about becoming a premium member" and a long paragraph why I should be...Maybe make it a bit smaller on the side, or even delete it completely to those who are already P. Members. How about a nice picture of someones tank etc.
3)GAMES!
4)Even though it doesn't happen often..make it so we don't get those random "ads" from people signing up. Spammers
5)Before selling items, make form to fill out including details, measurements, usage on item, PRICE, if price is firm or negotiable etc, Location Location Location.

That's about all the time I can take with this for now, would like to know what everyone else thinks.

jessegarcia28
02-03-2011, 10:37 AM
+1 on #5

7ISFX7
02-03-2011, 11:00 AM
Homepage cookies issues fixed when logging in.
vBadvanced page - Log in module above the premium membership module.
Maybe a image module on the front page for TOTM (tanks of the month).

junkie
02-03-2011, 11:39 AM
For someone to pick up TOTM, TOTQ, anything would be cool. Even a photo contests might be fun...

jason142
02-03-2011, 11:53 AM
Just some fyi on #2, you can minimize it by hitting the - sign in the upper right hand corner :D

RussM
02-03-2011, 05:41 PM
#2: bookmark http://www.sdreefs.com/forums, use that instead of just going to www.sdreefs.com (http://www.sdreefs.com)

ensiferum321
02-03-2011, 11:40 PM
haha...well thanks for that!

Still would like to see a nice totm or potm though.

Just some fyi on #2, you can minimize it by hitting the - sign in the upper right hand corner :D

uxdesigner
02-04-2011, 07:24 AM
To piggy back on #5 I think the single most important reason I decide to buy or not is location. How about breaking the section up by county?

- North County
- South Bay
- Downtown
- East County
- Golden Triangle
- Etc...

SDguy
02-04-2011, 07:31 AM
If people would just place their location in the section labeled location, in their profile, it gets posted in every post they make. Problem solved :)

DaveMorris
02-04-2011, 07:22 PM
TOTM has been tried, three times, and nobody wants to participate to keep it going. I tried, with Blake's help, and ran out of people that would let us feature their tank. That particular request has nothing to do with Blake.

junkie
02-04-2011, 07:44 PM
TOTM has been tried, three times, and nobody wants to participate to keep it going. I tried, with Blake's help, and ran out of people that would let us feature their tank. That particular request has nothing to do with Blake.

I know, I know, just wishful thinking :( not to mention that it is a lot of (unpiad/underapreciated) work.

BajaReefs
02-04-2011, 08:20 PM
totq does not have to require a visit to someones house to see the tank. Some people or spouses are uncomfortable with strangers in their house, totq can be done through pictures :2cents:

drainbamage
02-04-2011, 08:56 PM
totq does not have to require a visit to someones house to see the tank. Some people or spouses are uncomfortable with strangers in their house, totq can be done through pictures :2cents:

why are people waiting on Blake to do a TOTQ? Can't anyone randomly put up a thread saying "Post your entries for TOTQ, myself and three others will vote on the top 5, and we'll hold a poll for two weeks to determine the winner, Winner will have a sticky of their tank put at the top of the TOTQ forum displaying their tank as the TOTQ. All entrants must supply their own pictures to be considered."

Maybe I'm missing something, but it doesn't seem like anyone needs to take responsibility, just someone needs to step up and get it rolling. I personally don't get much excitement out of TOTQ/TOTM, so I'm not going to bother, but for the crowd that enjoys it, just make it happen. I'm sure Techknowledge can make the sticky happen, and not sure what else you need. If it's a prize, if you get the entrants finallized and ask one of the sponsors, I'm sure you could wrangle a $25 gift card as a prize. What else is needed :confused2:

jason142
02-04-2011, 09:08 PM
I believe that it is more the lack of participation that makes it so difficult, you always get the oh, my tank is not quiet ready yet or some other excuse. I know that I was just as much at fault for this as the next as when Justin was doing the TOTQ early last yr. I volunteered and then he sent me the questionaire, or should I say security clearance form :D and I was just to lazy to fill it out, it was a lot of information to input :lol: but that just my :2cents:

drainbamage
02-04-2011, 09:30 PM
Well, as we all know the other forum has been going through some major changes.

after replying this sentence rattled around in my head, so i went over to check (haven't visited in a long time as the place seems sorta deserted except for double posts here/there) and I really didn't see anything much different-if I'm missing something would you maybe make a thread on there saying what's been changing recently? Thanks!

ensiferum321
02-04-2011, 09:36 PM
Are you sure were talking about the same one? SCR...

drainbamage
02-04-2011, 10:26 PM
Are you sure were talking about the same one? SCR...

Oops, that makes much more sense! I thought you meant the other other one.

ensiferum321
02-04-2011, 10:28 PM
haha sorry about that..should have been more specific. Although I know not to many SD guys usually go on SCR.

BajaReefs
02-05-2011, 01:46 PM
I think were on our own on any of this