PDA

View Full Version : San Diego Aquarium Rock

AquaticLifeTropicals
01-31-2011, 08:25 PM
Any suggestions or comments?

Please leave feedback on transactions only.

AquaticLifeTropicals
03-30-2011, 09:18 PM
bump... anyone yet? Hopefully it's been positive so far. Were doing our best.:angel:

Plenty of great feedback in the threads... just none in the feedback section, lets see if we can change that.

seesquared
03-30-2011, 11:10 PM
I just picked up my new tank tonight from John at SD Aquarium Rock and couldn't be happier. Not only did I get the tank at a KILLER price but got it quick and in good condition. I exchanged many messages and all of them were quickly answered or returned. Once I settled on what I wanted, I put my order in on Monday and it was ready for pick up Wednesday night! (talk about good turn around even for a non custom tank. I work lots of hours so I wasn't able to pick up during normal business hours so John went out of his way to meet up with me late at night at the shop so I could get my tank. Short story made long is they took great care of me and I will be back for rock and hopefully some other supplies. Thanks again John for the great tank!

Bubblehead
03-31-2011, 12:01 PM
I am a long time lurker, newly joined to this forum and to reefing. I stopped by SD Aquarium Rock based on their posts on the forum and couldn't be happier. I got great prices on a yellow tang and two clowns, as well as some other needed supplies. John spent a lot of time answering questions and just generally talking reef. It is obvious they have a real passion for the hobby and are looking to not just make sales but to have educated and happy customers. My fish are happily acclimated to the tank, feeding well and very healthy. I would highly recommend these guys for your aquarium needs.

phillyblunt
03-31-2011, 02:26 PM
thumbs up

AquaticLifeTropicals
04-12-2011, 08:43 PM
Thanks everyone! As always, I hope everything goes well for you and your tanks.

Smashthestate
04-20-2011, 04:38 PM
is this kid underage or something?

AquaticLifeTropicals
04-22-2011, 06:53 AM
is this kid underage or something?

Hu??? :confused2:

fishnsd
05-08-2011, 06:39 PM
Love the new store. I cant wait to see you at full capacity.Thanks for great service, and the healthy PBT...

getem619
05-08-2011, 07:26 PM
John thanks for the great service. Good deals on coral and fish I have got from you. Im going to need to buy stock n your store every time I go in there I drop at least $65. It wouldn't be that bad but I leave 3 minutes away so kind of hard not to vist you every pay day lol

Rob619
05-14-2011, 05:40 PM
great service and an awesome setup in the new shop!... will def be going back soon!

vicfish
05-17-2011, 10:13 AM
i love the fact that all of the fish are seemingly hand picked... super fat and healthy looking

AquaticLifeTropicals
05-18-2011, 06:33 PM
Thanks guys. I really appreciate it. Setting the new store up has been allot of work. However, the reaction of the community has been well worth it :)

XO PRESENTS
06-01-2011, 12:10 PM
I been here a few times and the guys are always resourceful, good guys working here. The coral selection is always getting better as the business becomes more established. These guys are very generous.. They hook it up !!! I will see you guys after my next visit to my barber ... thanks =)

BajaReefs
06-12-2011, 09:00 PM
thanks for hosting the frag swap

moerena
06-14-2011, 06:58 PM
John and the guys are awesome, always trying to help you out anyway they can. I come here and ask more questions than what I buy, but there more than happy to just talk to you and help you out. I was looking for some new lights for my tank and I told him what I was looking for and he went and got them for me. Thank you again so much for the awesome deal on the led lights. They look awesome on my tank.

zfan4life
06-15-2011, 06:23 PM
I bought my stand from these guys. Fast service, good display! If they were closer i would DEF buy from them again!

Deep_blue
06-16-2011, 11:47 AM
I met John last weekend for the first time. I purchased a large CBB.

Super nice guy and very friendly. I would definitely buy from again.

AquaticLifeTropicals
06-17-2011, 03:30 PM
Thanks guys! Well appreciated!

dtlarnerd
06-18-2011, 08:03 PM
Can't say enough about the fish quality. You need to see it for yourself! Picked up a powder blue from them a couple weeks ago and it is doing great. Their fish are healthy, beautiful, eating, and always competitively priced.
Thanks guys,

jesus
07-10-2011, 10:22 AM
Good place, will shop there again good people 2

JohnnyAirtime
07-11-2011, 11:11 PM
Hey John... keep seeing some great reviews coming from your sales. Very nice! Makes me want to come check out the new place!

I wanted to add my experience with when you were at your OLD location.

CARNATION CORAL;
... bought a carnation coral from John. Store wasn't fully established yet, and didn't have fish tanks... only the frag tank. Carnation was VERY nice, and the price was good. John even knocked off a few bucks. The carnation did great in my tank, and I decided to sell before I upgraded tanks. Now, it's in a new home. +1 on quality of specimen, it really was better then expected.

COPEPODS and PHYTO;
... I bought a container of each while I was there. Figured I'd help out the 'start up' LFS for Spring Valley. Cost was a bit high, as I feel the pods and phyto weren't ready to be sold yet. Two small containers with what looked like water, and some grains of sand or dirt. I was a bit displeased, and let John know in another thread - however he deleted it, due to the carnation being sold he said (I responded to the for-sale thread with my findings, and it was soon deleted. The entire thread). I thought it to be a bit "fishy" (pun intended)! LoL!

Between both items being bought, my feedback is neutral. I think I need another visit so I can be giving back "positive" feedback, with another purchase of what he's been listing. And, I've not been to the new store... so, it might just be worth a trip next time I'm in Bonita (nearby).

AquaticLifeTropicals
07-12-2011, 07:03 PM
I appreciate all the reviews.

Thanks Johnny, that was a great specimen... I'm glad you took good care of it. You are also right about the phyto, I think I might have had a bit of a problem there (realized that about a month ago). I have since started carrying DT''s and Reef Nutrition... it's just easier and more consistent.

JohnnyAirtime
07-12-2011, 07:06 PM
I appreciate all the reviews.

Thanks Johnny, that was a great specimen... I'm glad you took good care of it. You are also right about the phyto, I think I might have had a bit of a problem there (realized that about a month ago). I have since started carrying DT''s and Reef Nutrition... it's just easier and more consistent.

John, your a stand-up guy to acknowledge that culturing phyto/pods wasn't worth the efforts, or your cup of tea. I mean, that means a WHOLE LOT to me... and I hope to others reading this. Can't wait to see the new place!!

skratchiechan
07-28-2011, 11:04 AM
johns livestock is superb! bought a Sebae anemone couple months ago and is thriving and turning tan! my saddleback is loving his new home! thanks John!

AquaticLifeTropicals
07-28-2011, 03:41 PM
johns livestock is superb! bought a Sebae anemone couple months ago and is thriving and turning tan! my saddleback is loving his new home! thanks John!

Great to hear everything's going well. http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-happy023.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys.php)

MarkieJ
10-06-2011, 05:49 PM
When the gardener cracked my 37 gallon column aquarium a few years ago, I was left with a beautiful stand that I used to display items, rather than fish and inverts. Getting back in the hobby recently, it was hard finding a shop that sells just the tank for this stand. Thankfully SD Aquarium Rock can special order tanks for really great prices, and I was able to get this at a very quick turnaround.

http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6052/6218593939_65fce7c68d.jpg

Also couldn't resist this pair of Spotcinctus Clowns! They were eating pellets while acclimating. They're currently in my 47 gallon, and will be going in the 37 once it's cycled and ready.

http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6226/6219115920_6955a23594.jpg

SD Aquarium Rock is always a friendly and welcoming place to walk into. Highly recommended!

Chummin
10-06-2011, 07:13 PM
Nice clean set up but I think you will outgrow this location sooner than later..
Would like to see more equipment in the way of filters, skimmers, etc.
I realize its not easy, so this is by no means a bad rating. We will be back for sure.

sandogrob
10-12-2011, 09:20 AM
Got a great deal on a brand new Reeflo pump, CHEAPER THAN THE INTERNET!!!!!!
They made me an offer i couldn't refuse..
I think a Powder Blue is next..

leejinwen
10-20-2011, 01:11 AM
very nice guy and helpful. bought an anemone from him along with some corals and a starfish. would buy from again
http://i53.tinypic.com/2csf58o.jpg
http://i51.tinypic.com/20h0mr8.jpg

SDguy
10-20-2011, 04:38 AM
Great guy to deal with...picked up a beautiful specimen for a great price!

AquaticLifeTropicals
11-13-2011, 02:10 PM
Great guy to deal with...picked up a beautiful specimen for a great price!

Thanks for the feedback Peter! I hope everything has been going well!

-John

wrestle1952
11-13-2011, 02:23 PM
One of the most reasonably priced shops in San Diego. Fantastic specials and honest.

AquaticLifeTropicals
02-16-2012, 03:28 PM
Thanks bro! Always good to hear :)

bladedrummer
08-11-2012, 10:56 PM
I got my Nature's Ocean live sand and 60lbs of premium live rock from SDAquarium rock. The blue-eyed young guy (sorry, I'm terrible with names :lol:) was extremely helpful and patient with me. I think I got a pretty sweet deal for what I bought. The store looks nice and they are very friendly which for me is a big plus!

Love the store, keep it up!!!

P.S.: I dropped by today as well to get a little more sand and a digital thermometer (impulse buys ftw!), same pleasant experience.

anothereefer
08-21-2012, 06:01 PM
This is my LFS that I always go to..I always get there late but johns always willing to help you out..Live stock there is awesome when he has it cause everyone always buys everything up befor I get a chance to see it!!..If you're a repeat customer?..He'll always hook you up on price!!..Oh damn!!?..I forgot to check the prices on tires for you bro??..PM the year of the truck again if you haven't got them yet...

AquaticLifeTropicals
08-24-2012, 08:52 AM
Thanks guys! It's always a pleasure!

PM sent to you bro.

PresidntEvil
03-01-2013, 09:54 PM
Actually I checked their website for store hours, and it said they were open on 7 days a week so I wanted to check them out. I came on a monday (2-25-13) (my day off) to find out they were closed.. of course since I live in Clairemont there is no real reason for me to be in Spring Valley... I only went there to check their store out. I probably will not come back.. I was very inconvienced by this whole debacle..

seesquared
12-12-2013, 05:13 PM
Is this place still open?

socal619
12-12-2013, 06:16 PM
No /thread

jt_milstead
12-12-2013, 06:18 PM
Think they sold the business, and then went out of business.