PDA

View Full Version : deleting best offer posts

BajaReefs
01-20-2011, 09:29 PM
How about deleting the "best offer" posts ?

Acefspds
01-23-2011, 12:27 PM
How about deleting the "best offer" posts ?

Yea I dont like the whole auction thing either.

rodbuster229
01-23-2011, 12:37 PM
Me either

dwrig
01-26-2011, 01:04 PM
seeing another bo post i went hunting for posting rules... the faq says they're at the top of each forum. am i missing something? is there a sticky somewhere?

Timmy V.
01-29-2011, 05:11 PM
OBO posts are fine buy me if there is an asking price.

SDguy
01-29-2011, 06:24 PM
I know this has been brought up before. Honestly, from what I've seen, those type of posts (auction type with no asking price) get little traffic, and lots of $0.05 joke offers, so I think they aren't very common. JMO.

drainbamage
01-30-2011, 10:26 PM
I think there's two meanings maybe-

1-Delete when people put up a best offer post when not solicited to another member's sale thread.

2-Prevent people from posting auction threads instead of "regular" sale threads.

I sort of assumed the TS meant the 1st, but not sure.

As far as auction postings go...I don't see a big problem, I'm not a retailer, and I don't have time to surf the 'net trying to find accurate prices on stuff, if I could put something up for sale as an auction, it'd be a lot easier for me, and considering how many price drop posts we see from a wide variety of posters, it might be easier for a lot of folks too.
Maybe something where the seller/thread starter can say "This is for sale, post your offers" and when the seller sees the price they're ok with, they PM that person and sell it. If noone has an interest, thread will die (unless the poster bumps it like crazy,) if enough people are interested, it's for everyones good. Only real harm from the system would seemingly be retailers trying to sell something for $25, but a frag only went on "auction" for $5 at some point, and their potential customers thinks the auction value is the fair market value. Not a huge thing, but the sponsors might feel otherwise, and I don't think it'd be weird for them to think so.
Hmm...I ran with that one a bit too much....