PDA

View Full Version : Very established 80 gallon reef tank for sale (Bargain price)

jmg248
01-09-2011, 12:26 AM
This system is offered for sale COMPLETE, and will not be broken apart to sell pieces individually. Time aside, I am asking 1/3 of what I spent on it - $1,200 for everything.

This is a well engineered, well laid out, relatively easy to maintain 80 gallon ACRYLIC reef aquarium. The sump holds roughly 25 gallons so the entire system volume is approximately 105 gallons. The buyer MUST come and pick it up from Mission Valley, San Diego (right off of the 8 and the 5).

The cabinet and canopy are made of wood. This system is VERY EASY to maintain. Simply lift the canopy and you have full access to the large openings on top of the aquarium. I love the way this aquarium was setup - easy to access everything and easy to maintain. You do not have to push light aside for water changes or cleanings - simple and very functional. The tank is drilled with 3 returns that drain to a very solid acrylic sump (3/8 inch acrylic - not 1/4 acrylic like many sump manufacturers).

This is a perfect setup for a newbie or someone who is experienced - although the experienced person can more appreciate the thoughts in the design.

The dimensions of the tank are 47x28x20.

LIGHTING: This system uses a combination of white and blue metal hallides (next owner may want to go with an LED retrofit) - which are efficiently wired in the tank stand. 1 Ballasts drives the "whites" and 1 drives the "blues." This enables one to program dusk/dawn effects.

FILTRATION: Protein Skimmer.

The sump itself is a fairly straightforward design. Water falls in to the left side (see picture) and goes through a sump sock. The water moves to the skimming chamber then to the return chamber. There are baffles to the return chamber which minimize fine bubble return to the display tank.

I have roughly 125 to 150 lbs. of high end live rock. Right now there are 3 fish - 1 percula clown, 1 false percula clown (the 2 clowns are paired) and a pajama cardinal. They have all been in tank over a year. I also have a myriad of soft, lps, and sps corals (see photos). Take note of the gigantic bubble coral, rose anemone, button polyps, kenya trees, frilly mushrooms and much more. I also have some other invertebrates like a skunk shrimp, giant clam and sea cucumber.

I am selling it because I am moving to a different state and prefer not to go to the hassle of transporting and re-establishing it. Thanks for looking and reading and I hope you can grasp how great of a setup this is.

Please email me if you are serious about purchasing it and we can discuss details.

I unfortunately will not be able to assist much in the removal/delivery of the tank, so please plan accordingly (i.e. you should know what you are doing or bring someone else that knows).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i5VAj6jZ-Pg

ensiferum321
01-09-2011, 12:37 AM
Nice anemone, you'll have better luck parting out you will soon find out.

Two Bit Scooter
01-09-2011, 12:55 AM
HEY, I just wanted to say that I hope you can grasp just EXACTLY how great it is to WELCOME you to sdreefs ESPECIALLY since your first post is so OBVIOUSLY researched as to provide EXACTLY the tone most likely to INGRATIATE yourself with everyone here.

acrocrazy
01-09-2011, 01:10 AM
HEY, I just wanted to say that I hope you can grasp just EXACTLY how great it is to WELCOME you to sdreefs ESPECIALLY since your first post is so OBVIOUSLY researched as to provide EXACTLY the tone most likely to INGRATIATE yourself with everyone here.

lol...

ensiferum321
01-09-2011, 01:17 AM
:lol::lol::lol:

RussM
01-09-2011, 09:22 AM
Nice way to ALIENATE a newcomer...

tooltos
01-09-2011, 09:42 AM
Thats a lot of money for some algae...IMO

KingRB
01-09-2011, 09:45 AM
Glass anemones are rare and expensive.

Thats a lot of money for some algae...IMO

Two Bit Scooter
01-09-2011, 10:17 AM
Nice way to ALIENATE a newcomer...

Um, he's not going to be joining the community. He's selling his system and leaving. Can't be bothered to help the new owner either. My apologies for being rude back I guess...

RussM
01-09-2011, 10:43 AM
No matter how lame you might think his sales pitch is, nor how unrealistic you think his asking price is, taking cheap shots is just so uncool. You aren't interested in the item for sale, just move on.

Two Bit Scooter
01-09-2011, 12:22 PM
No matter how lame you might think his sales pitch is, nor how unrealistic you think his asking price is, taking cheap shots is just so uncool. You aren't interested in the item for sale, just move on.

Good points, you'll notice a lack of commenting on the description, quality and price of the items for sale. My point is that as a first post this one was particularly inconsiderate. By the tone and description I'd guess that he's not the person who put the system together and is just trying to make a quick buck. You're right though, I'll shut up.