PDA

View Full Version : new zoo pics

jetor
04-28-2004, 05:26 PM
Just bought these zoos at AW, pretty cool looking I think. My Halides are washing out the color enough that the camera can't seem to get a real good shot.......either that or it user error and I am not setting the camera up right.

JT

jetor
04-28-2004, 05:27 PM
Crap what the heck did I do!!!! HAHA that pic is super huge!!!!

jetor
04-28-2004, 05:30 PM
One more try......

jetor
04-29-2004, 05:49 AM
They are kinda a pinkish/silver motled with a bright neon green mouth. My halides are totally washing the color out of the pics. Anyone have exprience with a Canon G2 taking pic in macro mode?

They cost 39 and have about 50 polyps plus a couple standard palyanthoa's (sp)

JT

TommyD
04-29-2004, 06:39 AM
Jetor; I have a G2 and I love it.

Here's a few tips:

I tend to shoot my tank in portrait mode (The one with the face on the dial). When in modes other than auto; the Manual focus button on the left hand side will work.

Open your display and zoom in or out until you frame the shot the way you like it. (Don't use the digital zoom unless you are using a tripod..) Hit the Manual Focus button and you get a zoomed in section of the image displayed so you can use the little omni selector to zoom in and out. Once you have it focused to ALMOST perfection; you can move the camera in/out from your subject to fine tune your focus. This is how I do it; and I usually end up with pretty good pictures.....