PDA

View Full Version : low light corals

brynboy
04-21-2004, 07:16 PM
What can you guys/gals suggest for low light corals? I've got 130W of PC light on my 60 gallon tank.

Thanks in advance for the suggestions.

nalbar
04-21-2004, 08:22 PM
try zoo's and mushrooms. just make sure to keep them HIGH. an upgrade with some more pc's can be done pretty cheap, certainly cheaper than a collection of corals.

if you ask people almost all will say to upgrade your lights as much (and perhaps a little more) as you can afford. its money well spent. look at it this way, around 300 in lights and you can grow zoo's, rics, xenia, and mushrooms. you can fill your whole tank with those and it will look great.

lights come first, trust us.

nalbar

brahm
04-21-2004, 08:46 PM
yea mushroms wouldn't be a problem, niether would, any non-photosynthic corals, blastos like darker areas, zoo's should be fine. If you need more light, I have a 175w Metal Halide Pendant for sell :)

brynboy
04-25-2004, 06:22 PM
thanks to all for the replies. my next step is to definitely upgrade my lights. i was just hoping for something in the meantime.

brahm: thanks for the offer. i'd be glad to take you up on the pendant offer, but i'm not sure if i can use the pendant. i'm trying to keep with the canopy. so, i'm trying to work out the logistics of MH inside of the canopy.

brahm
04-25-2004, 06:34 PM
You can also get cool corals like Sun Corals and Gorgonians btw. But you need to need to feed them.

brynboy
04-25-2004, 06:55 PM
brahm

do you have the vertical pendant for sale, or the horizontal?

btw, thanks for all the suggestions.

brahm
04-25-2004, 08:15 PM
it's a veritcal pendant.. Bell shaped Hamilton