PDA

View Full Version : livestock living in a 5 gallon bucket

95camaro20s
06-22-2005, 01:38 PM
ok due to my never-ending problems with my girlfriend (yes thats her to the left) i was forced to move all of my sw fish stuff out of her house (not the tank and stand b/c that was hers). i have about 30 lbs of liverock, a few nass snails and a cleaner shrimp that have been living in two 5 gallon buckets from home depot for about a month. my question is.... is ok for them to be in there for the time being. is there any red flags that i should be concerened about? i feel bad for my little fellows but money limits putting them in a better home. thanks guys

MrKrispy
06-22-2005, 01:40 PM
wow I am sure someone can donate a 10g tank or something. I would but I just threw two in the trash. Figures!

Do you feed the shrimp? It would probably appreciate it.

Daniel
06-22-2005, 01:49 PM
as long as there are heaters & maybe a small powerhead in each bucket i don't see the difference between keeping them in buckets as opposed to a glass tank (except for the fact that you can "SEE" through the glass while u can only look through the top of the bucket).

$30+change and u have a new 30g from OG.

Dakota
06-22-2005, 04:33 PM
I know of people using buckets to house livestock for months, so you should be okay as long as the conditions are stable.

elgordoinavw
06-23-2005, 09:54 AM
I have a new 20L (drilled on the side) that you can use until you get everything set-up. You can swing by my house and check it out. Pm me and I'll give you directions.

mojoreason
06-24-2005, 06:00 AM
hmmm ... that's a pic of your girl ... but you are fighting and you reclaimed all your salt fish, eh? well - - just give me her number & i'll call her up and give her some errrr, more fish to look at.

seriously - i've a 29 acrylic sitting in the garage if you haven't found one yet ...

Trickman2
06-24-2005, 06:33 AM
Now that is low, Your Woman makes you take all your live stock and put them in buckets. You Didn't cheat on her, did you? Cause then maybe you deserve it but otherwise that is just plain messed up.

colindoug3
06-24-2005, 09:59 AM
did you take her top too?
im kidding, but where was that photo taken?

MrKrispy
06-24-2005, 10:54 AM
if that was his girl he wouldn't be spending time on this board bwah

95camaro20s
07-06-2005, 10:05 AM
krispy give me a break... what do i have to prove, nothing. she's the one that put me onto this website anyway. do u need more pics to prove...lol.

those pics were near la jolla shores.

well thanks for all the assistance guys... we're cool now and the fish will have to live in the buckets for now.

mojo i was waiting for you to sell your 55g tank... give me your number and when i pick up the tank ill be sure to bring her. :)

mojoreason
07-06-2005, 03:27 PM
well - - Hell's bells ... i listed that tank and had the wrong price on it - - you show up with her like that and i can probably let it go at that price!! ;)

oh - and i don't know about them but i'm pretty sure i can't believe you without more pictures! :D

obarrera
07-06-2005, 03:38 PM
Originally posted by 95camaro20s
do u need more pics to prove...lol.

Yes we need more pics.