PDA

View Full Version : tired of over moderation on RC

brahm
06-07-2005, 01:37 PM
http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=606999&perpage=25&pagenumber=1

Speak up here, maybe if enough people post and ask to be banned they might listen and get off there high horses.

brahm
06-07-2005, 01:48 PM
Originally posted by brahm
http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=606999&perpage=25&pagenumber=1

Speak up here, maybe if enough people post and ask to be banned they might listen and get off there high horses.

oo wait.. closed thread..

MrKrispy
06-07-2005, 02:00 PM
I couldn't read it all because your avatar was bothering me eh?

Thread closed though.

Daniel
06-07-2005, 02:32 PM
:rolleyes: it was inevitable

that's all i gotta say.

Dannyboy
06-07-2005, 02:37 PM
Thats exactly why I havent posted there in months.

MrKrispy
06-07-2005, 02:40 PM
haha I didn't even know there was an LPS forum.

Trickman2
06-07-2005, 03:24 PM
Yeah I am pretty tired of the RC BOARD. You can't do anything and they are on you.

suver569
06-07-2005, 03:30 PM
I was going to respond, but wait, I forgot I was banned.....

Dakota
06-07-2005, 03:40 PM
Stupid Stupid Stupid. . . which is why I'm never on RC anymore.. haven't been for some time now.

Reefkeeper
06-07-2005, 03:55 PM
I reallly have to ask, what good comes out of anatgonizing a moderator? If you disagree with a forum, just dont go there anymore.

If you are listing things for sale and they tell you not to, remove the items for sale. Alternatively, question the mods on what you are allowed to do. As in if put something in your signature about email me about my homebred animals would be allowed.

I am guessing that Surver was "mane" aka Chris? Furthermore, I take it that he probably posted his group buys for people to get in on, after the fact, and took it to mean that he was "in the business". We might know that this isnt the case, but they havent met him IRL.

Just my opinion but I have only posted in the sponsors/expert areas of RC.

brahm
06-07-2005, 04:20 PM
Originally posted by Reefkeeper
I reallly have to ask, what good comes out of anatgonizing a moderator? If you disagree with a forum, just dont go there anymore.

If you are listing things for sale and they tell you not to, remove the items for sale. Alternatively, question the mods on what you are allowed to do. As in if put something in your signature about email me about my homebred animals would be allowed.

I am guessing that Surver was "mane" aka Chris? Furthermore, I take it that he probably posted his group buys for people to get in on, after the fact, and took it to mean that he was "in the business". We might know that this isnt the case, but they havent met him IRL.

Just my opinion but I have only posted in the sponsors/expert areas of RC.

1. It's the feedback forum, thats what it's there for.
2. Nobody was listing things for sale, thats the point.
3. No Surve isn't mane or chris, and he did nothing of the sort.
yea, thats what you would think was going on if you just read what was written from the mods,

what was really was happening is people were posting pictures of there OWN personal corals, and the mods were making assumtion (like the above) that these people were only posting them in an effort to make money even those these people were not selling corals threw the forum, and some not at all.

Are we better off just taken abuse from any one with a glim of power in there eyes. There are lots of good mods on RC but a few have a god complex and what they are doing isn't in the spirit of the board.

suver569
06-07-2005, 04:21 PM
Oh no, I was banned about a month ago for posting reef plugs. They warned me, deleted the post, and I reposted following there guidelines the Mod gave me, and I was banned within 2 hours.

Daniel
06-07-2005, 04:54 PM
what the hell... they banned you b/c you were selling those reef plugs?!?

did they accuse you by using the "so-called" intent to re-sell AKA "Commercializing" ???

RC is a little too touchy about these things in my opinion, they really need to lighten up, which won't happen... i really hate it when power is unjustly abused. needless to say, i won't support RC anytime soon... i've had enough of their antics

suver569
06-07-2005, 05:04 PM
Originally posted by uchiha
what the hell... they banned you b/c you were selling those reef plugs?!?

did they accuse you by using the "so-called" intent to re-sell AKA "Commercializing" ???

RC is a little too touchy about these things in my opinion, they really need to lighten up, which won't happen... i really hate it when power is unjustly abused. needless to say, i won't support RC anytime soon... i've had enough of their antics

yep, I was considered a commercial business according to RC. Like I said, I reposted in the trade forum for trade only, and was banned.

Dakota
06-07-2005, 05:17 PM
I understand what RC is TRYING to do, but they are just OVER doing it. I, for one, feel that it needs to be toned down a bit. I'm afraid to even POST there anymore.

Reefkeeper
06-07-2005, 06:48 PM
Originally posted by brahm
Snip

Well, the old adage assuming makes an, you know. I made that assumption based on a comment, that will teach me.

I did say that I have never posted in that part of the forum, so I am basing my comments on what I read in that post. From what you are saying then...no one was actually listing an item for sale or trade. Rather, people were putting up picks of corals in their tank, if it was really nice people would then inquire about getting some either through the intial source or a frag off that particular piece. Thus, some people were paying for frags when they didnt have anything to trade in kind. The management was annoyed at these people and decided to mark them all as sellers, even when they may just happen to have a coral that is doing exceptionally well and sharing with the community? Is that the general gist of the situation.

BrookR1
06-07-2005, 07:52 PM
That was a really informative thread. I can understand both sides.

Individuals trying to skim a little money from paying sponsors for "trendy" corals by creating demand for certain corals using pics. But at the same time, the guy who had those corals for a while and they grew is all of a sudden looking in his tank and seeing $$$ signs but then being closely watched. Who wouldn't want to try to cash in?

But then when I see guys cherry pick all the stores just so they can frag em and turn them around for a quick buck. That seems wrong...but then the whole argument about splitting corals so more people can have them for less $$$ seems reasonable too. Meanwhile, the average Joe has to pick through the leftovers at the store. It's like ticket scalping.

brahm
06-08-2005, 12:21 AM
Originally posted by Reefkeeper
Well, the old adage assuming makes an, you know. I made that assumption based on a comment, that will teach me.

I did say that I have never posted in that part of the forum, so I am basing my comments on what I read in that post. From what you are saying then...no one was actually listing an item for sale or trade. Rather, people were putting up picks of corals in their tank, if it was really nice people would then inquire about getting some either through the intial source or a frag off that particular piece. Thus, some people were paying for frags when they didnt have anything to trade in kind. The management was annoyed at these people and decided to mark them all as sellers, even when they may just happen to have a coral that is doing exceptionally well and sharing with the community? Is that the general gist of the situation.

Yes thats how I see it.

chevell
06-10-2005, 03:58 PM
I would never attempt to pay back your belittlement brahm but I know you can spell better than that so try to actually proof read you're stuff for change, I mean if your going to complain it comes out much better if the spelling is correct.

BrookR1
06-10-2005, 04:16 PM
Originally posted by chevell
I would never attempt to pay back your belittlement brahm but I know you can spell better than that so try to actually proof read your stuff for change, I mean if your going to complain it comes out much better if the spelling is correct.

LOL You misspelled "you're".

Another error: "proofread" is one word; not two.

You're missing a semicolon between the words "change" and "I".

"payback" is one word.

I mean if your going to complain it comes out much better if the spelling is correct.

You've almost got it! However, you accidentally switched "your" with "you're" in your last edit.

"You're" is a contraction of the words "you" and "are"; hence "you're". "You're looking exceptional tonight, Mrs. Billingsly."

"Your" is possessive. "I like your tie."

It's all very simple; I'm sure with practice you'll get the hang of it.

chevell
06-10-2005, 04:18 PM
Clearly I would need to mispell ten more words to compete with brahm.Not to mention complain to the mods in an unrelenting manner in order to get banned from R/C.

brahm
06-10-2005, 05:40 PM
feeling fiesty today are we?

swissfish
06-10-2005, 06:44 PM
Clearly I would need to mispell ten more words to compete with brahm.Not to mention complain to the mods in an unrelenting manner in order to get banned from R/C.

That's funny!

I usualy compare myself to the best and try to match them, that's the way to advance in life :D

Oh and if I have any typos, that's because english is only my third laguage:) :D

brahm
06-10-2005, 07:02 PM
Originally posted by swissfish
That's funny!

I usualy compare myself to the best and try to match them, that's the way to advance in life :D

Oh and if I have any typos, that's because english is only my third laguage:) :D

English is #2 of 3 for me.. But sadly i let the other 2 go to the way side.

chevell
06-12-2005, 08:59 AM
ok thats funny:p

suver569
06-15-2005, 08:05 AM
Oh you've got to be kidding me....The removed my website from my profile...the one where you can link your site....God I hate them.

suver569
06-15-2005, 08:08 AM
Ahh, correction, they banned my other screen name..

Dakota
06-15-2005, 11:49 AM
Originally posted by suver569
Ahh, correction, they banned my other screen name..

What jerks... without saying anything??

suver569
06-15-2005, 12:25 PM
Originally posted by Dakota
What jerks... without saying anything??

Yep. Ban #2. Time to start making fake screen names so I can use the search function....oh wait...you can hardly ever use that either :p