PDA

View Full Version : PC lights

Phischy
06-07-2005, 10:53 AM
Quick question, when PC lights go out, do the just burn out like a regular bulb? I've had one for 6 months, 65 w, and last night I had it one when it suddenly went out. I checked my timer to make sure that didn't trip it and it was still 'on', I checked the ballast and no dice. The ballast powers two bulbs, each with their own switch. So the ballast is getting power. It was late last night so what I have not done is:

put in another bulb to see if it's the timer/ballast switch.

M. Parkis
06-07-2005, 10:56 AM
PC lamps can burn out but most of the time they just get dimmer over time. Also PC lamps should be replaced after 6 months even if you do not notice a change in them.

Therapy
06-07-2005, 12:14 PM
Not to state the obvious, but did you perhaps break the end of the bulb. Where the glass attaches to the base. I lose more PC bulbs that way than I care to admit.

Phischy
06-07-2005, 01:28 PM
No, the bulbs had been in their racks since I added more 3 months ago. I didn't touch them, in fact, I was in another room when I heard a light 'pop' and I noticed the lights were dimmer. There isn't any tension to cause torque to the bulb due to the power wire, and I examined the bulb visually and it didn't appear to be busted. Yeah, I too have broken a few bulbs, damn they're delicate!

I'll hook the power upto another bulb tonight to see if that's the issue or if it's something with the ballast (god I hope not).
e