PDA

View Full Version : damn micro bubbles

sdreefer69
03-20-2010, 09:21 AM
i woke up to find my tank will with a mess with micro bubbles. there is no leaks in the plumping, and no bubbles where the return leaves the fuge. i dont understand. as soon as the water hits the return a million bubbles start. its really making me mad. i dont understand how air is getting in the system. please help

RussM
03-20-2010, 12:10 PM
Air is probably getting sucked into the plumbing somewhere on the intake side of the return pump. The pump then chops that air into tiny bubbles. Carefully inspect everything on the intake side.

The leak won't be obvious because its an air leak from outside to inside. If you shut off the return pump for a while, you might then see a leakage of water.

RussM
03-20-2010, 12:12 PM
Also... constriction of a pump's intake can cause cavitation within the pump. Is the water output reduced? Is the pump noisier than usual? Could anything be stuck in the upstream side of the pump?

sdreefer69
03-20-2010, 06:55 PM
grrr still bubbles, gonna have to take it apart =/ hopefully its just in the tubes... the the corals and fish are acting normal just a bunch of bubbles!!!

adfb
03-21-2010, 08:37 PM
my pump did the same thing and I found out that my seal was bad replaced it had no problem afterwards. so check the pump seals.