PDA

View Full Version : I think my worm just came...

dt90gt
06-04-2005, 08:21 PM
hahaha, but actualy I'm serious. I'm sure a lot of you guys have these in your live rock. I would take pics, but as soon as light hits them when I shine the flashlight at night, they shrink back into the LR. But it is basically one of those worm looking things, I don't think they move, but they send snorkle like thing out of the rock, and kinda search around for food I guess, like a single long hollow tentacle. Well just a few minuts ago with the lights of the tank still on, i noticed on of these things out, which was kinda weird for daytime, and then it spat out a big burst of white fliud, like it was trying to breed!! kinda cool, just wondering if anyone else has seen this, or has pics of the worms

sdwrx
06-05-2005, 10:18 AM
I'v never seen that happen before. Sounds like a peanut worm...

obarrera
06-05-2005, 10:30 AM
I think I have one of those im my tank, it's huge, like 6" long(for my tank us huge :D), anyway it just sticks out of the rock and searchs for food too, doesn't seem to come out of the rock. But I haven't seen it spit out anything.

So are peanut worms bad?

colindoug3
06-05-2005, 11:14 AM
Yea, these guys came in my tank too. It was right after I rinsed something out (pre-filter on the intake maybe, cant remember) with tap water and put it back in. I was told this probably triggered the reaction.

dt90gt
06-05-2005, 12:38 PM
ya, I think that is what it was, a peanut worm, did a lil search and found this article:

http://www.reefkeeping.com/issues/2004-04/rs/

obarrera
06-05-2005, 01:17 PM
Mine looks diffrent then a peanut worm, it looks like a bristle worm but it's like greenish.