PDA

View Full Version : Torch in trouble!!

jharr
06-01-2005, 06:25 AM
I have this beautiful torch that has been thriving in my tank. This morning I came in and half o fit is all shriveled up and sad looking! Upon closer inspection, it looks like there is some sort of worm that has taken up residence. There is a white opening with a little feather-like appendage sort of scooping in and out like a filter feeder would do. Has anyone seen this? Is my torch doomed?

James

jharr
06-01-2005, 06:26 AM
closer look

bgoode
06-01-2005, 06:43 AM
It looks like a barnacle. I don't know how threatening it is to the coral. It probably came in on the coral, so is there any other reason the coral could be pissed. Has flow changed, or did a crab or something walk across it?

Dannyboy
06-01-2005, 06:47 AM
I agree with Bgoode. It was probably just a crab or something that walked over the torch, and the filter feeder wont bother anything, He probably just taking advantage of the time the tentacles are not covering it. My euphillia look like that almost every morning.

dt90gt
06-01-2005, 09:58 AM
Has it come back out yet? My torch will shrink up like that during the day every once in a while, I think it is when the coral banded decides to take a little afternoon walk, and step over all the coral. As long as it is back out in like 30 minutes it shouldn't be a big deal.

jharr
06-01-2005, 10:27 AM
Yeah, it is back to normal. Thanks for the words of comfort, it got me through a scary 20 minutes!:D

I have an SOB of an emerald crab that won't leave my euphyllia alone. I would snag it out, but it also does a good job eating the bubble algae.

Later,
James

phishphood
06-01-2005, 02:21 PM
well if you want to give your euphyllia a break for a bit, i'll feed the crab real good for a little while and give him back :) (have some bubbles the size of a quarter almost)