PDA

View Full Version : Southbay Tropical Feedback

Cesarv4
03-01-2010, 11:39 PM
I'm bored...:crazy:

bpro32
03-02-2010, 12:08 AM
I just wish they had healthy looking livestock... I always pulled for them to come around since I used to live in the area but now that I'm living in La Jolla it just isn't worth my time. Not even when I go down to the south bay to visit family...

rodbuster229
03-02-2010, 07:24 AM
I've never bought any live stock their just pellets their sw fish are always getting ich in their displays

jason142
03-02-2010, 07:47 AM
Wow Cesar, little bitter, lol. Anyway, I go out of my why to purchase anything for my reef before I buy from Southbay. Mike is a good guy but he just doesn't have the staff to be running a store. With more experienced personnel that give a crap that has potential to be a very nice store, until then I feel that they will just barely survive but I do hope for the best, even if just for Mike.

rodbuster229
03-02-2010, 09:04 AM
Wow Cesar, little bitter, lol. Anyway, I go out of my why to purchase anything for my reef before I buy from Southbay. Mike is a good guy but he just doesn't have the staff to be running a store. With more experienced personnel that give a crap that has potential to be a very nice store, until then I feel that they will just barely survive but I do hope for the best, even if just for Mike.

I agree with this

rodbuster229
03-02-2010, 09:05 AM
Oh I gree on the mike part

sandogrob
03-02-2010, 09:25 AM
Their tanks always look run down, i have bought a few snails from there but that would be all i would purchase.

Chrome
03-02-2010, 11:48 AM
that store is a joke

deeboi
03-25-2010, 02:27 PM
they all right..think in time the store will turn out pretty nice. mike supposed to be expanding that place. some times i'm there and see some pretty nice stuff next time i go.

Smashthestate
04-15-2010, 12:09 PM
While Mike is a fair guy who is helpful, and nice, his staff is a bunch of flakes. I would always have to call them, if I placed an order for equipment through them. When I tried to request a certain animal, they wouldn't even call me. I would ask them for a quote on something, they would tell me they have to call me back in 15, and never do. I am not going to support a bunch of flakes, plus their staff are all white trash. I am always seeing dead fish in their ****ty tanks.

They also have a zebra mantis that's super confined with no burrow or space, because they are too cheap to get it it's own tank. And that really pisses me off. Definetly not going to support them anymore. They need more experience before running a pet store