PDA

View Full Version : Questions on Posting Pictures

drainbamage
02-28-2010, 03:14 AM
Was trying to upload some pictures to post in a thread, ran into a few problems and wanted to figure out how to resolve.

Pics are 4.5"xsomething smaller. aprox 160 KB.

Both as an attachment as a VB image host upload, too big.

Would premium membership solve this? Or do I need to reduce the filesize even further (they started in the MB range.)

Thanks for any info!

619andyp
02-28-2010, 06:47 AM
You need to upload the pictures to photobucket, then click the tiny insert image picture (that is next to the tools to do bold, underline, and insert a link), then paste the image code from photobucket into the space provided. If you still have problems, let me know.

drainbamage
02-28-2010, 10:39 AM
Thanks Andy! Is it not worth trying to upload directly to sdreefs?

ReefMaster
02-28-2010, 10:41 AM
you can also use www.tinypic.com, no registration required. Then use the IMG link.

jrod11
02-28-2010, 10:47 AM

If you upload directly to sdreefs, the pictures already have to be resized. You would have to use photo editing software first to resize it before you post.

if you arent sure how to do that, i would go with photobucket.

hughjaas
02-28-2010, 11:03 AM
I use google picasa. not sure if photobucket can do it, but you can take a picture with your camera phone and then email it directly to your picasa account and then just link to them the same way as photobucket. super easy and fast. there's also an uploading program you can install on your computer that's drag and drop.

drainbamage
02-28-2010, 11:07 AM
thanks all,
took the pics with a digi cam, then resized them down from in the meg range to the <200KB range, but that was still too large. Resizing too much smaller makes them lose quality something harsh. Does premium membership allow for large file size upload, or simply quantity?

619andyp
02-28-2010, 11:09 AM

No, it is too hard trying to re-size them and you lose quality. If you need help doing the photo bucket or picassa thing, let me know and I will help you.