PDA

View Full Version : Baby clown fin rot? Dying linckia?

Cesarv4
02-21-2010, 02:24 PM
I just got 2 baby ocellaris and a small linckia this week and I noticed that one of the clowns' tail seems to either been nipped or has fin rott. I also noticed that it looks clowdy white. Before I added them to my tank I gave them a FW dip. They are both eating and very energetic. A little too energetic that I can't get a clear shot with my crappy camera. Any thoughts of what this could be? Should I take it out and give it a FW dip?

The linckia that I added stays at the bottom of the tank and doesn't move much. It rolls/fold it's arms frequently and seems to have shrunk. It has white tips on the arms and isn't active. Is it dying? Could it be killing my clown?

jason142
02-21-2010, 04:01 PM
Cesar, we talked about the linkia the other day when you were at my house so it is probably dieing. The clown it might just be that the other one took a little nip establishing dominance but without a pic can't tell you for sure, good luck.

Cesarv4
02-22-2010, 02:42 AM
The tail is gone and it looks like it's difficult for him to swim. The other clown is perfectly fine. I haven't seen the other clown nip on his tail but it's the only logical explination because he doesn't look sick. If the gone tail is due to the other clown eating it, will his tail grow back?

jason142
02-22-2010, 07:38 AM
If the tail is gone I would think that it is something other than the other clown nipping at it. I have never experienced any disease or fungas in my tank so would not be able to inform you beyond this point, sorry and good luck.

jt_milstead
02-22-2010, 10:09 AM
Can you get some pics? I would put this fish in a hospital tank and begin medicating for possible infection...just my opinion

Cesarv4
02-23-2010, 04:20 PM
I fed him, and just waited.. he didn't make it.. I bought him from southbay tropical on 2/20/10, he died just 2 days later. I think he had southbaytropicalitis! It's a bad disease that every fish from there gets it

jt_milstead
02-23-2010, 05:24 PM
So dont buy from there.....

Cesarv4
02-24-2010, 03:58 PM
It's what EVERYONE keeps telling me... Had to learn the hard way :cry: