PDA

View Full Version : Possible parasites

Bosco
05-27-2005, 06:17 PM
I just got home stared into my tank and seen these very fast tiny worms, three of them or so. I am calling them worms for lack of something else to call them. My tank is about 2.5 months old. I have never seen these before. What are they? Did they awake from my live rock and are just now coming out. Are these something I need to worry about? Parasites? Help. Thanks.

Reefkeeper
05-27-2005, 06:36 PM
If you want help, you will need to provide a bit more information and an actual description. There are plenty of "worms" that are beneficial to a system and many others that are beneign...with a few that are harmful. There are also certain species of sea slugs/worms that are highly specalized feeders. If you dont have their food in the tank they will eventually just die.

Have you looked at Wet Web Media to try and get an idea of what you have in the tank?

Many of the members here will be glad to help, but we need more info and even a picture if possible.

Bosco
05-27-2005, 09:32 PM
They are less then a 1/4 inch long, white, moves very fast. So small I can't even tell if it has legs, but it crawls around the bottom of my only coral in the tank now. They don't actually seem to swim in open water just dwel on the bottom under branches rock and corals. Very very tiny though. I will try to get a picture when I get back into town on Tues. Thanks for your reply.