PDA

View Full Version : 8 more hours...

tom@kartboy.com
05-26-2005, 05:00 PM
Only 8 more hours of work then i'll be self employed!
i'm skeered!!!! :)

After working for the MAN for almost 10 years i've had enough and quit my day job. I'll be working for my company full time.
Anyone else self employed?

Tom

Flamehawk
05-26-2005, 05:03 PM
what your company do?:D

brynboy
05-26-2005, 05:57 PM
MORE SUBY PARTS!!!!!!!

i'm too scared to go the self employed route............good luck to you! i'll do my best to support you by buying more suby parts!

what kinda plans do you have moving forward with your company? i'd be glad to volunteer my wrx for any r&d you need.

tom@kartboy.com
05-26-2005, 06:01 PM
click the link :)
i make performance parts for Mazdas Subarus and Mitsubishis.

Brynboy,
i have some new bushings that have been selling like mad. rear diff bushings along with a new rear shifter bushing. i have the install down pretty quick.

iLLisMiKe
05-26-2005, 08:22 PM
nice job. i have a couple friends with wrx's, maybe i can help you find some business. i would kill to get my hands on an evo. nice business though, self employed, wish i had the brains and $$$ to do it.

brynboy
05-26-2005, 08:26 PM
so what do these bushings do? nothing was on your website about them?

will you be fabricating anything like sway bars or exhausts?

sdwrx
05-26-2005, 09:25 PM
I havn't heard about these new bushings yet either?!? More info Tom!!

brynboy - whats your AWJ screen name?

dt90gt
05-26-2005, 10:43 PM
Originally posted by tom@kartboy.com
click the link :)
i make performance parts for Mazdas Subarus and Mitsubishis.

Brynboy,
i have some new bushings that have been selling like mad. rear diff bushings along with a new rear shifter bushing. i have the install down pretty quick.

Right on man, I just did the same thing, except I could only stand working for someone else for less than 2 years!

I couldn't help but try and get some business from you but...
Since you mentioned the performance parts for mazda, subaru, and mitsu, I'm wondering if you ever sell fuel pumps to customers? We are selling 255lph pumps similar to the Walbro pumps, let me know if ur interested.

www.TREperformance.com

</annoying business plug off> =- P~

SDRotary
05-27-2005, 12:21 AM
How bout some Rx-8 parts! I need a nice full exhaust and midpipe! Mazdaspeed Miata (wifes) could use the same as well as an intercooler.

brynboy
05-27-2005, 09:01 AM
looks like tom stays busy with just us reefers here.

sdwrx: i go by the same handle on awjunkies - brynboy. have you been going to any of the meets?

sdwrx
05-27-2005, 02:32 PM
yeah, I have been to a few. I was also at the second to last Norm Reeves meet... But I couldn't make the one on May 14th...

wrx777
05-27-2005, 03:23 PM
right on Tom! :D what about dave? he still there or are you taking him with you? I STILL need a shifter, i know I keep saying I will be down to get one soon, but just been so busy and broke!(just got engaged! :D ) so maybe I'll try and talk my girl into buying it for me for my b-day (June 7th)

~Lenny

colindoug3
05-27-2005, 11:48 PM
i have a tacoma. tacoma folk have meets that are either to check eachothers rides out, offroad, or cruise the streets. what do you guys with rally cars do? id love to hear you guys actually rally the ____ out of em.

sdwrx
05-28-2005, 09:13 AM
we have meets, AutoX, canyon runs, scenic drives, caravans, BBQ's, but the rallys are the best part! The next one is on June 11th in Corona,
www.gcrally.com

http://www.gcrallyx.com/gallery/03_2005_tombstone/031.jpg

tom@kartboy.com
05-28-2005, 09:31 AM
I'M FREE!!!!!

Well sort of...

lenny, i'm still waiting for you to swing by :p

Tom

sdwrx
05-28-2005, 01:21 PM
CONGRATS!

colindoug3
05-28-2005, 02:07 PM
gravel crew. yea ive heard of that. interested in the 'canyon runs' too...
the one i have in mind is between the wild animal park and ramona. some fire road looking trails that lead into the canyon. i think there was a professional rally out there? im looking for some fire roads or something of the like for dirtbiking. without tresspassing getting cops called on me etc.
edit: oh, and is that your rally mobile, or just a random shot from GC

sdwrx
05-29-2005, 09:11 AM
there are some good roads just east of Ramona as well... up in and around old julian highway. That's not my car. check out www.allwheeljunkies.com