PDA

View Full Version : Victor / Vicfish STOLE from me

LotsaFishies
02-09-2010, 07:40 AM
Shortly before one of my LA-Runs, Victor (Vicfish) contacted me stating that he would like to make his very first purchase from me, but that he didn't have paypal. I told him as long as he promised to send a check the next day, I would trust him and await the check. (It was for ~$80 worth of livestock)

That was MAY 6, 2009.

Victor claimed he sent a check, and when a ~month later I had not received it, he claimed to have sent a second check. Over the last 8 months I have sent at least 10-12 additional PM's to Victor, each with my cell number, email, and address so he would have multiple methods of contacting me. I have offered to drive down and meet him repeatedly, and the few times I have driven down south toward his area I've PM'd him a couple days in advance letting him know. He has never once given me a number to reach him at, an email, or his address. The first several times I PM'd him he responded saying "sorry for not getting back to you sooner, sorry I haven't paid you, I can drive up there Saturday / Sunday / blah blah blah" but the last 4 months he has completely ignored all my PM's, and I've checked his profile and have seen that he has been online within 48hrs of each PM I've sent.

WARNING: Victor / Vicfish is a THIEF.

bpro32
02-09-2010, 08:25 AM
He has a couple feedback posts similar to this too...

yo yo guy
02-09-2010, 08:27 AM
Agree I have tried to contact Victor numerous times, all PM's and phone calls have all gone unanswered. He is not to be trusted, I would highly suggest to stay away from Victor. He is a young kid who is very immature, lacks responsibility and feels that avoiding a problem will make it go away.

Victor, ignoring people just makes them pissed at you and is not a good way to win friends and influence people.

jrod11
02-09-2010, 08:30 AM
He ALWAYS is flipping livestock. Makes me wonder where it comes from...

AFUreef
02-09-2010, 09:03 AM
prolly stealis it from a store he works at or something. Great people we got around these days. ahhhhhhh that sucks

Nick_Kun
02-09-2010, 10:02 AM
Wow, sorry to hear chris. Hopefully Victor have a good excuse.

hughjaas
02-09-2010, 10:24 AM
that really sucks. Chris provides a great service for a lot of us here and he's also a really decent guy- it's too bad someone had a need to take advantage of that.

luv4qt1004
02-09-2010, 10:38 AM
dang, the board memberships should ban couple people on this site. seriously. this site has becoming worse and worse.

chazzman
02-09-2010, 11:02 AM
that really sucks. Chris provides a great service for a lot of us here and he's also a really decent guy- it's too bad someone had a need to take advantage of that.

+1 to that. Chris is a solid guy. I hope this gets resolved.

jt_milstead
02-09-2010, 11:07 AM
Sorry to hear someone took advantage of you Chris.Hopefully he will be a man and step up.

vicfish
02-09-2010, 11:12 AM
wow, chris, dude. actually i HAVE replied your pm's im sorry youre allways too busy to actually meet up, you even told me we could meet up somewhere and NEVER did you come! i was waiting for about 30 minutes (couldnt call you because at the time i had no cell phone) and i go home. check pms nothiong. check the next day.. and i had a message from you. sorry i couldnt make it.

BajaReefs
02-09-2010, 12:02 PM
do i see a fight at sdmas tomorrow????? lol

jcal
02-09-2010, 12:31 PM
Lets not make this ugly like in RC (the Hugo drama)...easy fix here, communicate( the big problem) and pay your debt if you owe...done.

jt_milstead
02-09-2010, 12:43 PM
do i see a fight at sdmas tomorrow????? lol
I dont think either of them ever attend.

yo yo guy
02-09-2010, 01:09 PM
wow, chris, dude. actually i HAVE replied your pm's im sorry youre allways too busy to actually meet up, you even told me we could meet up somewhere and NEVER did you come! i was waiting for about 30 minutes (couldnt call you because at the time i had no cell phone) and i go home. check pms nothiong. check the next day.. and i had a message from you. sorry i couldnt make it.

Hey Vic will you reply to me?

CBlanks
02-09-2010, 01:13 PM
Defamation!

sgriffin760
02-09-2010, 03:55 PM
Wow MMA of reefers Not cool if your stiffing people karma willl F you up

MustangBill
02-09-2010, 04:24 PM
Well it's sad to hear about something like this that could have easily been resolved. Mail a check, get Paypal, mail a money order, etc

SDguy
02-09-2010, 04:34 PM
There is no excuse for owing someone money for 9 months in this day and age. Period.

chazzman
02-09-2010, 05:27 PM
There is no excuse for owing someone money for 9 months in this day and age. Period.

Good call. Way too many options available.

vicfish
02-09-2010, 07:33 PM
yo dude. im sorry for mixing your order. my bad. you actually got more for your buck than you deserved.. actually about 70 bucks worth of zoos. ;) i have no more nems.

GrantMBrady
02-09-2010, 08:08 PM
First off Chris is a great guy and he was nice enough to front money for you and even let you pick up product without anything down just on your word because he is being understanding, but then you make a bad name for other people on the site by doing what you did.

8 months is an incredibly long time to not pay someone, if you tried pulling that on an electric bill, car payment, mortgage, rent or any other bill you would have alot bigger problems than people on a forum telling you to give the man his money. . Stop making excuses get some cash, give Chris his money and apologize.:)

Second, as far as the nems go I don't think that was the point whether or not he got a good deal.

http://www.sdreefs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=45180&highlight=vicfish&page=4

his comment clearly says "If he didin't have any left a simple comment like "sorry but I don't have them anymore" or something like that would have been the right thing to do."

--This really bugs me, we trust people on this site, we let people into our homes, we are welcomed into theirs and hearing things like this really bites.

Thats my :2cents:

yo yo guy
02-10-2010, 05:24 AM
No problem I totally understand and I never disputed the zoos, I was just confused when you would not return any calls or PM's. Also what I "deserved" was the Strawberry Anemones because that is what I agreed to pay for and you agreed to deliver.

yo dude. im sorry for mixing your order. my bad. you actually got more for your buck than you deserved.. actually about 70 bucks worth of zoos. ;) i have no more nems.

NickSDC
02-10-2010, 06:46 AM
How about me victor, what do I get? My lights back? My cash back? Or the fish? And when?

Two Bit Scooter
02-10-2010, 07:12 AM
So, did anyone actually end up with one of those Strawberry Anemones? I'd still like one... :)

MichaelRyanSD
02-10-2010, 07:36 AM
Does this kid still work for Will at AquaSD, maybe guys should go down there and see if "vic" happens to be in, also in my opinion, if this kid was doing business through AQUA SD as his venue, then they are in some part responsible. People at my work call us all the time how some employee told them this or that and we can't just say f off, we usually honor it in that instance, but let them know thats not the case.

Now if he was doing business on the side outside AQUA SD, then that is his own prerogative and has nothing to do with WILL, it sucks because Will has an awesome venue and doesn't need any negative press associated with it

SDguy
02-10-2010, 07:47 AM
IMO, I don't think it's appropriate to start connecting other people or businesses to this situation, regardless of where Victor works/worked...

NickSDC
02-10-2010, 07:51 AM
Vic told me (in dec I believe) he no long works at AquaSD. When he did, he told me Will was ordering my fish, and was lagging on it (which I don't believe now). Not sure how the other guys but I feel Vic owes me, not asd.

eho72
02-10-2010, 07:54 AM
This reminds me of a friend of mine that had moved out of town and owed me a $100. After a few months, I send him a friendly email reminder. He ignore it and never responded. After a year he ran into me again and she he'll pay me soon. Then, a few more months pass, I saw him. He said "about your money". I told him forget about it.

Maybe Vic is hoping for the same. Only difference is the other guy and I were close friends for a long time. This is a business transaction. No excuse. Just send out a check.

GrantMBrady
02-10-2010, 09:17 AM
I wonder if he was getting stuff from AquaSD "for himself" getting an employee discount then reselling it on here.

I would not blame AquaSD for anything this guy did.

jrod11
02-10-2010, 09:25 AM
I wonder if he was getting stuff from AquaSD "for himself" getting an employee discount then reselling it on here.

I would not blame AquaSD for anything this guy did.

I thought of this too, but I would think that will is on here a ton and that he would recognize that the corals are the same ones from his store.

MichaelRyanSD
02-10-2010, 12:03 PM
I'm not blaming Will or anything, he wouldn't do that, but if VIC was doing business, selling corals from AQUA SD, and if he was working there while he was doing this and people were meeting him at AQUA SD. then yes the company would be in some part responsible.

Like I said though, if VIC was doing this out of his house or whatever, then Will can't help that.

What I was getting at is that for anyone who was ripped off who did business with VIC while he was at AQUA SD, and if you did business with him while you were actually in the building...then maybe you should pm Will to see if he would help

EDIT: Sorry I see where you getting the correlation now saying will is responsible....since this is a thread from Chris regarding what happen between them...obviously what happen between them is between them. I was more referring to the people who said they went to go get "strawberry anenome's from VIC" and he gave them zoo's, it was my impression these people went to the store to pick them up

Two Bit Scooter
02-10-2010, 12:40 PM
I was more referring to the people who said they went to go get "strawberry anenome's from VIC" and he gave them zoo's, it was my impression these people went to the store to pick them up

I ended up driving from Encinitas to meet him at his house in Chula Vista. His mom answered the door and said he'd left for school two hours preveiously. It was a really uncomfortable situation, strange old guy shows up wanting to trade some fish stuff. I had no idea he was just a kid.

SDguy
02-10-2010, 01:00 PM
I'm not blaming Will or anything, he wouldn't do that, but if VIC was doing business, selling corals from AQUA SD, and if he was working there while he was doing this and people were meeting him at AQUA SD. then yes the company would be in some part responsible.

This is all conjecture. This thread is not about AquaSD, nor has anyone mentioned doing business with Vic at AquaSD, so let's just keep them out of it. I'm sure they don't appreciate having their name brought up in this thread just because they were nice enough to give a kid a job for a few months.

MichaelRyanSD
02-10-2010, 01:03 PM
ahh, well if nothing happen actually at aqua sd, or through there, then yeah, they have nothing to do with it

MichaelRyanSD
02-10-2010, 01:15 PM
This is all conjecture. This thread is not about AquaSD, nor has anyone mentioned doing business with Vic at AquaSD, so let's just keep them out of it. I'm sure they don't appreciate having their name brought up in this thread just because they were nice enough to give a kid a job for a few months.

yeah what I said was meant to be in the other thread, vicfish's actually feedback thread, "yo yo guy" actually was the one where he said he agreed to meet up with him at aqua sd, so that where I was sorting of getting it from.

jcal
02-10-2010, 01:29 PM
I agree, lots of speculation. The issue is between Chris and Vic to settle their disputes, not a 3rd party. This should've been already taking care of since the heat is on both parties, and they know that we(forum) all know.

NickSDC
02-10-2010, 04:03 PM
I don't think the heats on both parties, vics the one with problems paying up. Please vic can i have my anemones? please vic can I get paid? He's laughing that we're acting so polite when we should be furious. It's been months since he's taken care of this. I want my fish from vic, am I gonna get it? I have a better chance of wishing a pair of clowns into my tank. Wanna stop the drama filled threads? Ban his ass and be done with it.

chazzman
02-10-2010, 04:11 PM
Ban his ass and be done with it.

How would you prevent a user from coming back and creating a new user ID? You would need to ban their IP address and then there are way around that too.

Two Bit Scooter
02-10-2010, 04:17 PM
When I wish to make a wish I wave my hand with a big swish swish. Then I say, “I wish for fish!” And I get fish right on my dish. -Ish

acbaldwin
02-10-2010, 04:47 PM
I ended up driving from Encinitas to meet him at his house in Chula Vista. His mom answered the door and said he'd left for school two hours preveiously. It was a really uncomfortable situation, strange old guy shows up wanting to trade some fish stuff. I had no idea he was just a kid.

In all fairness, the whole "creepy factor" didn't occur to him. I know when I started on SDR I was 17 or so and living at home. It never occurred to me until a few years later and the role was reversed.

He shoulda been there, though!!

MustangBill
02-10-2010, 05:20 PM
I've only had one dealing with him, ended up kind of on the bad end (see my feedback if you want more info) I'm sure he's reading this thread and has only posted twice, each time with him making an excuse, if you own someone money or live stock, and it appears that you owe more than one person THEN PONY UP! Pay them what you owe, give them what you owe or find another site to steal from people. This is such an easy fix, deal with it right now, don't wait, don't make any excuses JUST DO IT!

WRAiTHY
02-10-2010, 06:20 PM
In all fairness, the whole "creepy factor" didn't occur to him. I know when I started on SDR I was 17 or so and living at home. It never occurred to me until a few years later and the role was reversed.

He shoulda been there, though!!

Dude....you STILL look 17!

fish king
02-10-2010, 06:35 PM
hence the phrase " no one is perfect"

VICTOR THIS IS TO YOU:

if you are outright punking people you will be served.

not a threat a simple suggestion!

My comment is in no way a threat!!!

you ruin trust and relationships within sd reefs

Ive let numerous people into my home with no qualms about character

Ive had two things stolen from me in my life, I got both of them back

don't screw with a mans bankroll

but , if you man up pay your dues and debts and prove that you are not what everyone on here is saying about you then do it prove people wrong.

I personally never dealt with you so I do not know your character.

I have been in situations that if you dont' pay your dues you get dealt with.

Not a good place too be especially when people know where you live.

acbaldwin
02-10-2010, 08:29 PM
Dude....you STILL look 17!

When I was 17 I looked 14, so I'm glad to be out of there now!! ALMOST LEGAL, LADIES!

Batman
02-10-2010, 09:12 PM
I thought Vic was a pretty cool kid. It's real disappointing reading all this stuff because my only dealing with him was exceptional. It was positive enough to the point that I kind of went out of my way to hook him up with a camera since he's been posting pic-less ads on here for some time and because he seemed like a really nice kid that was trying to make this reef hobby happen.

It REALLY bums me out that the comradery we share in this community from the noobs that have no clue what they are doing to the pro reefers that keep tanks that make us drool is compromised because of bull**** like this. It's especially ****ed up because Chris' livelyhood has been tampered with as well.

I appreciate that Chris makes this hobby more affordable for me to play too, and I hope it doesn't affect everybody's business with him in the future.

jt_milstead
02-11-2010, 07:41 AM
I thought Vic was a pretty cool kid. It's real disappointing reading all this stuff because my only dealing with him was exceptional. It was positive enough to the point that I kind of went out of my way to hook him up with a camera since he's been posting pic-less ads on here for some time and because he seemed like a really nice kid that was trying to make this reef hobby happen.

It REALLY bums me out that the comradery we share in this community from the noobs that have no clue what they are doing to the pro reefers that keep tanks that make us drool is compromised because of bull**** like this. It's especially ****ed up because Chris' livelyhood has been tampered with as well.

I appreciate that Chris makes this hobby more affordable for me to play too, and I hope it doesn't affect everybody's business with him in the future.

Very well put Jack.....

CardiffReef
02-11-2010, 09:30 AM
when's the moderator going to close this pointless thread already!!

Rob619
02-11-2010, 09:41 AM
how is this a pointless thread? granted the topic has strayed but people need to know who to deal with and who not to deal with..seems like vic has burned alot of people on here and its now coming to light

jt_milstead
02-11-2010, 10:45 AM
I agree...The thread has taken a detour, but Chris felt he has to warn people, and that I appreciate..

Hybrid
02-11-2010, 11:52 AM
This is good to know. I hope that any others that have thought about stealing from another fellow reefer accept this early warning. Ouch. Pay up fool or no one will ever deal with you again.

mazilla
02-11-2010, 12:00 PM
Ibtl :)

fish king
02-12-2010, 01:44 AM

SDguy
02-12-2010, 05:34 AM
I agree, this was not a pointess thread. That said, I think everything that needs to be said, has been said. If anything new develops, feel free to PM a mod to have it reopened.