PDA

View Full Version : i think some of my zoos have zoapox

CardiffReef
01-23-2010, 05:04 PM
hey guys i have a small plug of some zoa's i just recently got at the LFS and i noticed the center polyps starting to stay closed when the lights come on. Now i have noticed small white dots on them and it seems to be spreading, also my japanese clove polyps are looking like they are melting and have small white things covering them. i think this is possibly Zoapox, will this spread to my other zoas if i dont take them out. the clove polyps are are encrusted on a rock so i cant take them out. what should i do, i can take the zoas out because they are a small frag unless some one wants to save them and get them back to good health. let me know what you guys and girls think..
by the way my parimeters are all perfect as normal so thats not an issue.

lowfi
01-23-2010, 05:11 PM
if it is zoapox...get some Furan-2 at an LFS

here are some directions..

http://www.zoaid.com/articles004.php

BOOM goes the dynamite

CardiffReef
01-23-2010, 05:14 PM
can this spread to other colonies?

bpro32
01-23-2010, 05:15 PM
can this spread to other colonies?

yes..

lowfi
01-23-2010, 05:29 PM
yes, rampantly.

CardiffReef
01-24-2010, 09:53 AM
thanks guys i took them out as soon as i read that post by bpro32, hopefully it didnt spread to any of my other colonies. im glad the ones infected were only small frags, should i let the LFS know that this occurred so the rest of the frags they had dont get it.

Nick_Kun
01-24-2010, 10:02 AM
I've had great success using Furan2 treatment. My suggestion is that you treat all of your zoas and QT them for a few weeks, or until you don't see any zoapox anymore.

specvjeff
01-25-2010, 01:15 AM
I've had great success using Furan2 treatment. My suggestion is that you treat all of your zoas and QT them for a few weeks, or until you don't see any zoapox anymore.

Agreed...

CardiffReef
01-25-2010, 08:30 AM
thanks for the help i took the frags out of the tank already. i have no QT tank and treating all my zoas would require taking most of my rock out of the tank so thats not happening. all my colonies seem to be fine i think it was just the 2 i described that were infected thanks again for the quick responses..