PDA

View Full Version : Haiti ?!?!?!?!?!

sgriffin760
01-20-2010, 04:50 PM
umm dont know if i should say this on here but. we all help out each other right? is there anyway we set up a donation fund for haiti even if we all give up a few bucks the owner of this forum could send it in? they need help i was just asking if this is a good idea. or even one of our stores can do one at there shops :2cents:

smirkis
01-20-2010, 04:55 PM
other big coporates are handling the issue, jus donate to them if you have the money to spare.

ocean1
01-20-2010, 07:38 PM
You can text a donation, SEVERAL telethons think there are like three this weekend. The US is giving 100 million EU at least another 100 million. LArry King raised 9 several celebs gave mucho $$. Plenty of places to dontate =) Think after the 100's of millions poor Haiti still going to look the same.

Techknowledgy
01-20-2010, 08:21 PM
Text “”Haiti” to 90999 to donate. Your cell carrier keeps nothing and 100% of the $10.00 donation goes to the American Red Cross. They are already there. It is tax deductible.

ShrimpChipGal
01-20-2010, 09:28 PM
http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=122769936&ft=1&f=1001

"Taxpayers who make donations for Haitian earthquake victims would be able to write off this charitable deduction when they file their 2009 taxes this spring, under a bill passed by the House Wednesday."

snyder2050
01-21-2010, 09:57 AM
Text “”Haiti” to 90999 to donate. Your cell carrier keeps nothing and 100% of the $10.00 donation goes to the American Red Cross. They are already there. It is tax deductible.

Super simple they send you a text back to confirm your donation and it's in.

sgriffin760
01-22-2010, 08:23 PM
just thought it would be kinda cool for this forum to do work on it. you know .
like look SDREEFS.COM donate this much money. sorry **** F texting. would you if this site offered this option even a dollar??????????? we all help out each other right??????

ricenoodle
01-23-2010, 07:05 PM
You guys know waht i do for a living. All i can say is these people needs help bad and any help from anywhere is better than nothing at all. Seeing the situation up front is way crazier than on tv.

Moke
01-25-2010, 07:44 PM
American Red Cross is the way to go in my opinion. Had people come to my door asking for money that was supposed to go to there for earthquake relief.

mazilla
01-26-2010, 08:32 AM
Haiti looks almost the same after the quake as it did before. I'll send my extra money to Americans in need, there are +50 million of them.

Techknowledgy
01-26-2010, 08:50 AM
The American Red Cross spends most of it's time helping Americans in need. From their site:

"The vision of the American Red Cross - San Diego/Imperial Counties is to become America's most prepared community. We serve to relieve human suffering by preventing, preparing for, and responding to emergencies.

The Red Cross is not a governmental agency, and relies on community donations of time and money to do its work. The San Diego/Imperial Counties chapter, founded in 1898, responds to an emergency nearly every 24 hours.

The American Red Cross is guided by seven fundamental principles: humanity, impartiality, neutrality, independence, voluntary service, unity, and universality.

In 2008-09, our chapter offered the following services:

Community education - provided training for 82,000 people in health and safety classes including disaster preparedness, First Aid, CPR, and aquatics.
Disaster response and relief - responded to 229 disasters: fires, floods, storms & hazardous materials.
Services to the Armed Forces (SAF) - provided emergency social services to military personnel and their families, more than 20,000 total cases and assistance to 2,000 families per month.
Women, Infants, and Children Program (WIC) (state contract) - nutrition counseling for pregnant and breastfeeding women, infants, and children under the age of five; 36,500 clients per month.
This chapter serves more than 3 million people in San Diego County, covering 4,255 square miles, and 150,000 people in Imperial County, covering 4,597 square miles."

..... they don't just help "foreigners."