PDA

View Full Version : my jedi mind trick is whiting out help

fish king
01-18-2010, 11:40 PM
all my sps looks good everything else is good, *** most expensive piece in my tank. any special care for these guys my mag might be low but none of my sps is lacking even my tyree susnset is lookin good any suggestions anyone that has jedi?

manofcoral
01-19-2010, 05:30 AM
I have been in reefing and collecting sps for many many years. It seems to be a universal law. The most expensive and prized pieces can die for really no reason. Just do your best to keep all chem levels stable, and pray. The more you move it around the more it will get upset. Sorry to hear it, part of the hobby.

SDguy
01-19-2010, 05:34 AM
Is it whiting out all over, or just in patches? If patches, you might want to check for monti nudis.

duecejt
01-19-2010, 08:10 PM
I have had a few issues with mine too. All my other encrusting's do good but that one I have almost lost on more than one occasion. Try moving it to a different area. Mine doesn't seem to love the high light. I took mine from the top and moved it to the bottom and it looks 10x better. Good Luck!

specvjeff
01-25-2010, 01:14 AM
I had that issue with a Monti a couple months ago. I moved it away from another coral and into a tad bit more light and it recovered nicely. I would listen to Peter though and make sure nothing's munching on it too!