PDA

View Full Version : Need an idea

suver569
05-14-2005, 09:15 AM
Ok, some of you might know about the reef plugs I make. Well, a certain site *cough RC.com* said my post was "commercial in content"

Yea, so sue me, I'm trying to make a buck to help pay for this expensive ass hobby. :D

Anyways, I need an idea or two for a way to post it back on RC.com without it being "commercial in content."

Oh, they deleted my post :mad: and sent me a nasty-gram PM about it, so I'm already on thin ice with them.

Thing is, they have like a million people on that site, and for the few days that I did have the post up, I had alot of inquiries.

Any info is appreciated.

brncsfns5621
05-14-2005, 09:19 AM
Put it back up and post it as a $ donation is requested to cover material cost for # of plugs. Then you are not selling anything.

suver569
05-14-2005, 09:21 AM
Originally posted by brncsfns5621
Put it back up and post it as a $ donation is requested to cover material cost for # of plugs. Then you are not selling anything.

I was thinking that might be the route to go. I'm gonna test that in SWF.com and see if they say anything. Gotta be sneaky with RC.com. Dont wanna get myself banned :D

The_Gryphon
05-14-2005, 09:52 AM
Put your plugs for sale here and then on your rc post just sell 1 of each type with no pics but a link to your selling post here for the pics. And when they link here to see pics they will see you are selling a lot more than 1.

suver569
05-14-2005, 09:53 AM
Originally posted by The_Gryphon
Put your plugs for sale here and then on your rc post just sell 1 of each type with no pics but a link to your selling post here for the pics. And when they link here to see pics they will see you are selling a lot more than 1.

Ohhh, sneaky :p

obarrera
05-14-2005, 10:06 AM
If you don't want to get your normal username banned just use a proxy server and register with a new name.:D

That's what I did when I got banned as "obarrera", I used the proxy server(registered with a new name) and now I go to RC like im a totally diffrent person.haha

suver569
05-16-2005, 05:50 PM
Well, I went the donation route, and I put up that I only have a limited number available, and I didnt mention anything about paypal, oh, and I dont have a website. No way they can consider me commercial now :p

suver569
05-17-2005, 04:48 AM
Well, RC banned me :mad:

Obarrera, how do you use those proxy server's?

Trickman2
05-17-2005, 05:35 AM
:eek: Doh , :eek:

They Banned you. What a bunch of losers on RC. RC use to be pretty COOL Until the MODS went CRAZY. Now its like a Nazi camp. Free speech is not allowed lol. Someone needs to tell RC that this is America. :o

Dannyboy
05-17-2005, 06:41 AM
No way they can consider me commercial now:p

Well, RC banned me:mad:
I'm sorry about you getting banned ...but...... ahahahaha, thats funny!!!

Dakota
05-17-2005, 06:58 AM
RC seriously needs to get that large stick out of their rear end. How can you be commercial if they don't ask you? Oy. . . I should go post on there just to make them work harder.

suver569
05-17-2005, 02:41 PM
Yea, oh well. I have a dynamic IP address and I'll just get a new screen name in a couple days.

The do have quite a large stick up there ass.

The way I figure it, selling corals should be considered "commercial" also. No one sells frags of there own corals, without making money off the deal.

MrKrispy
05-17-2005, 02:50 PM
it seems to me that hobbyists can only benefit from having people sell small DIY things on RC. It isn't like you will have a big commercial business from plugs or anything, and it isn't like they have sponsors that would compete with you. Is it just because they won't get any ad money from you? What forum did you post in?

The_Gryphon
05-17-2005, 03:44 PM
Lol we should all post selling plugs at the same time =)

suver569
05-17-2005, 04:14 PM
Originally posted by MrKrispy
it seems to me that hobbyists can only benefit from having people sell small DIY things on RC. It isn't like you will have a big commercial business from plugs or anything, and it isn't like they have sponsors that would compete with you. Is it just because they won't get any ad money from you? What forum did you post in?

I originally posted in For Sale, the post was removed after I got about 50 replies in 24 hours. I think your idea on RC no benifiting from the sales is on the right track. I reposted in For trade, with barely any info, and then posted in for sale clearly stating I only had a few, never mentioning paypal or credit cards (so as not to come off as "commercial") and I had no link to any website.

Bam, Banned.

It's funny, I've seen people selling aragocrete rocks all over the place, an RC never said anything.

suver569
05-19-2005, 05:27 PM
muhahah, back on RC again. And hey, my post is still up! They didnt delete. :p

obarrera
05-19-2005, 08:40 PM
suver569, you got PM about the Proxy Server.

suver569
05-19-2005, 08:47 PM
Originally posted by obarrera
suver569, you got PM about the Proxy Server.

Thanks