PDA

View Full Version : Fiji Gold

Dakota
05-13-2005, 10:57 AM
Opinions? I've heard this is good stuff. . . I would like your views on it (if you've used it, read anything about it, etc, etc). I talked to a guy who has a 5gal nano (I saw it) and he said he hasn't done a water change in 3 years, and this is what he adds. . .

pk-sd
05-13-2005, 12:31 PM
What is it? Some kind of additive? No water change in 3 years ! does not sound right.

Dakota
05-13-2005, 02:04 PM
I know two people who don't do water changes... however, no matter what i put in my tank, I beleive water changes to be super important.

Fiji Gold is a natural prduct that is taken from the muds in Fiji reefs. It's rinsed down and all that to yield a powder that releases calcium in the system. The difference is that the calcium is from dead corals, so its like the calcium the SPS use in the wild, as well as the carbonates and all that jazz. It's basically something to replace a calcium reactor, and replace trace elements lost to coral absorbption. I'm still doing water changes, but was wondering if anyone had experience using it for the Calcium/hardness levels.

Nick_Kun
05-13-2005, 02:04 PM
3 year wow. hmm....I'm going to do a research righ tnow.

sonnybihis
05-16-2005, 08:37 AM
I got some of the Refugium Booster to put in my refugium, but I haven't added it yet. I'll post and let you know how it does.

Kee
05-16-2005, 09:51 AM
sounds expensive