PDA

View Full Version : It's 5:00am. Do you know where your tank water is?

Dakota
05-12-2005, 04:16 AM
Normally, I'd say "yes... it's in my tank." However, as of early this morning, most of it was on the floor :eek: After I had dosed for flatworms, I unscrewed my screen on my fuge's overflow to let the flatworm bodies get collected in the filter sock. Unfortunately, I forgot to put it back on, and Mr. Stupid (aka turbo snail) wedged himself in there, and, well, you can figure it out from there.

WE matted up best we could and but our large fan over it on high. It was also very very fortunate that my reserve water for my float switch was low, so my salinity suffered NO effects from the incident. And now, I return to slumber. Crisis contained.

pk-sd
05-12-2005, 07:02 AM
Sorry to hear that Eric. I hope there was not too much damage to your carpet/flooring. That is my primary reason for not adding an overflow box and a fuge. One accident like that in the house and my wife will make me choose another hobby.:(

Good Luck......

PK

Dakota
05-12-2005, 08:24 AM
well, silly me, if it'd not been for my neglegency with the snail, all would be well.. The tank is drilled, but even so...

pisces
05-12-2005, 08:41 AM
That sucks anytime, but especially at 5:00am. I'm in the exact same position as PK. My wife current accepts and tolerates my hobby, but one accident like that and I'd likely be selling my tank and all contents on this board!

SDRotary
05-12-2005, 09:36 AM
That sucks! Damm Turbo snails! If it makes you feel any better I was browsing the net while doing a water change on my 180(fw) yesterday and didn't pay enough attention to filling it up and put 10+ gallons on the carpet. I used wetdry vac/towles/fans so far has made it almost all dry.

Kyle

brncsfns5621
05-12-2005, 11:06 AM
Same story, but good ol SDG&E shut off power to neighborhood at 2am. 7+ gallons on my floor under the stand. Have been using carpet cleaner for 2 week now and still smell it a little.

Trickman2
05-12-2005, 11:49 AM
Lol, Yeah I flooded once it was not cool. Forgot to turn off my DI system and flooded. I live in a condo too. Lower unit Luckily but I have since made some improvements to my unit. Like Tile and Specail baseboard to block water from seeping into the Next door neighbors just in case I ever flood again.

MonsterC
05-12-2005, 01:19 PM
My worst incident was a few years back on a FW tank. Had a fluval filter that had a air bubble in it so bright me grabbed the hose from the back and wiggled it a little to get it out.well it moved to much and slipped off the back of the stand and hose in hand it popped off the intake.Naturally I hurried to open the stand only to be stopped by the damn CHILDPROOF locks.The whole time hearing Niagra Falls behind the tank.Finally got it back on and lost about 15-20 Gallons.Damn FW tanks!!!:D