PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have an idea on this?

Reefkeeper
05-10-2005, 04:25 PM
I have a space that is 13" (L) and 10" (d)....height really isnt a concern that I would like to put some sort of sump into. Anyone have an idea of what would fit there or where to get it?

If I could, I would probably just go buy some plexi and make it myself, but frankly I think its beyond my acrylic skills. The most I have ever made out of it was picture frames, key chaings, cutting boards, and other small items that were just a few bends.

I also would prefer not to just put a 5 gallon bucket as it has limited surface area compared to the volume, plus looks like crap in an open area.

peterluber
05-10-2005, 04:34 PM
sda619 i think is the guy who works with acrylic. maybe i spelled it wrong, but you should notice his posts he has brian the dog from family guy in his avatar and his signature says that he makes sumps, etc. he should be able to build you one.

socalcreations
05-10-2005, 10:34 PM
Well with that tight of space considerations your going to have to worry about a few things, such as microbubbles, you don't have a lot of room to try and eliminate them, also what are you going to put in there? Is there enough room for anything? Also your really not going to get a ton of water volume from this sump, unless you go really tall, then you run into other problems as well. Don't want to shoot your idea down, as I'm sure a design *could* be worked out, you just need to decide if it is really worth the effort.