PDA

View Full Version : name of warehouse, vista

colindoug3
05-09-2005, 10:32 AM
What is the name of that warehouse in vista? Online supplier I believe. Could never do pickup cause I worked during that time. I am on vacation. What is it called?
Aquatic....? or....?
Thanks.

krader
05-09-2005, 10:47 AM
http://www.customaquatic.com/

colindoug3
05-09-2005, 10:51 AM
Thats the one! Thank you.

pk-sd
05-09-2005, 02:27 PM
I wish I knew about this site two weeks ago. Marinedepot did not have what I was looking for in stock, so ended up ordering stuff from drsfostersmith. Week and a half later, still waiting for my shipment to arrive.

Seems like, they have very competitive pricing. How is their service ?

colindoug3
05-09-2005, 04:14 PM
I have no idea how their service is.
DrFosters service is usually good. I have ordered from them 2-4 times, I forget. We ordered on monday or tuesday both times and it got there Saturday evening FedUp Ground. Id call and ask, good phone support.
MarineDepot was even better. 2-3 days UPS Ground. I think a few people here have ordered Custom Aquatic... ask around. All I know is they ship UPS.

pdonovan92130
05-09-2005, 07:03 PM
I've bought stuff twice from Custom Aquatics and both times I've been very satisfied.

First purchase was for a protein skimmer. The web page showed that it was on back order so I called to see when it would be in stock. The guy asked me if I would like him to call Euro-Reef to see when the shipment would come in. I said sure. It was in stock the following week and I drove up there and picked up my new CS8-2 for $439. Aquatic Warehouse wants $599.

The second time I wanted a Salifert test kit for Magnesium. Aquatic Warehouse was out of stock and told me to come back in a week. I did and they were still out. OG was out and didn't seem to care. The nitrate test kit I bought from AW a week earlier turned out to be old (it had an expiration date of June '05) which I didn't find out until I got home. Custom Aquatic had all the items I wanted in stock: test kit, magnesium supplement, seachem calcium, ph calibration.

Pros: cheapest prices and items are in stock

The only downside I can think of is it's not open on the weekends.

lucubrator
05-09-2005, 08:10 PM
I think that's why Ron hates SDreefs.

wannabeafarmer
05-09-2005, 09:58 PM
I've purchase from Custom Aquatics on several occasions, now...and have been nothing but satisfied. When I phoned, they were extremely helpful, even though my orders were tiny.

Bonus...you can pick it up and save the shipping...

Beats the heck outta Tri-city Tropical, far as price goes...