PDA

View Full Version : moto razor ringtones?

SDA619
05-08-2005, 07:49 AM
hey i was wondering if anyone knows how i get an mp3 from my comp to my phone as a ringtone.

Dakota
05-08-2005, 08:58 AM
you need to buy the computer USB adapter, OR, if your phone and computer have bluetooth, you can use that as well.

jharr
05-11-2005, 08:29 AM
Search for bluetooth dongle here. I got mine for ~ $15 and it works fine with my Motorola V551.

http://www.pricewatch.com/

mojoreason
05-11-2005, 11:25 AM
are you writing your own ring tones? i saw something online that outlined how you can write your own in code ... it was crazy ... anyone try this?

Dakota
05-11-2005, 11:29 AM
Originally posted by jharr
Search for bluetooth dongle here. I got mine for ~ $15 and it works fine with my Motorola V551.

http://www.pricewatch.com/

dang.. bluetooth for your computer for only 16 bucks!!! nice!! its' MUCH cheaper thant the USB adapters for phones. I'ma get me one!

jharr
05-11-2005, 11:38 AM
You can write your own monophonic tones, but it is a PITA and they sound like crap. Alternately, you can get a fairly cheap keyboard (Casio et al), play/record a song (polyphonic) on it and export it via MIDI to your computer and bluetooth it to your phone. Or my favorite; rip a song from a cd (make sure it is in mp3 format), edit it down to a 30 sec. clip (I use gpl Audacity for LINUX) and bluetooth that to your phone. MP3 RINGTONE FREE OF CHARGE!

That's right, I am a computer geek as well as a reef geek.

Originally posted by mojoreason
are you writing your own ring tones? i saw something online that outlined how you can write your own in code ... it was crazy ... anyone try this?

mojoreason
05-11-2005, 12:29 PM
oh nice ... yeah - never took the time to write one but it would make sense that it would sound like crap.

i have a nice Yamaha keyboard - i'll have to bang on the keys a little & record it for a ring tone ... ha, i didn't even think about doing that.

SDA619
05-12-2005, 08:26 PM
yeah use audacity to edit mp3's simple free mp3 ring tones.

i also hacked motorola phone tools 3.0 so if anyone wants it i can hook u up. works on newer bluetooth enabled and usb mini enabled phones. this thing is dope you can edit everything on ur phone transfer files without paying the airtime charge.

now im trying to "borrow" java games any one got ideas?

hack the planet.