PDA

View Full Version : Gray spots on Clownfish

M3Shark
10-26-2009, 10:40 AM
Hi everyone,
I woke up this morning to find these on my Black and White Ocellaris. I have no idea what they are. Fish is swimming fine/eating and otherwise acting completely normal. They appear to be like two grey blotches on his skin.

Tank is:
Tank size- 29g
Age of tank- 1 month
Lighting- 30" Current Sundial T5
Salinity- 1.023
Water temperature- 79 deg
Ammonia- 0
Inhabitants - 2 Ocellaris Clowns (one B/W)
Frogspawn
assorted Zoas

From the posts/pictures i have looked through this morning, it appears like the spots are too big to be ich, And are not crisp enough (if that makes sense). But i could be wrong. Could they simply be sores from wandering into the frogspawn for the first time? Something else?

I tried my best to get a clean picture but this was the best i could do, its still a little fuzzy. Sorry.

http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g287/M3shark/Fish%20Tank/FishDisease.jpg

Thank you for you help.

nahtanoj
10-26-2009, 11:13 AM
i can't view the pic at work. but, i would be willing to put money on it being from the frogspawn. my onyx get it every time they decide to use the frogspawn as a host.

M3Shark
10-26-2009, 11:27 AM
That is what i was thinking because of how unaffected behaviorally the fish is. But i was not sure because everything i have read said the spots from that are black. but these are grey spots on the black parts of the fish.

bpro32
10-26-2009, 11:33 AM
they're gray because the fish is black. If the fish was orange those spots would be black

M3Shark
10-26-2009, 11:35 AM
Cool, Thank you very much for you help.

ricenoodle
11-18-2009, 04:24 AM
Both my clowns had those black spots from rubbing up on a torch i no longer have. i was so ready to pif them because of the spots but i kept them since the wife likes them. it took about 8 mos for the spots to go away completely for me. might want to provide a different host if you don't want more spots, otherwise it'll be a long wait.