PDA

View Full Version : Aquatraders.com order experience

dt90gt
05-03-2005, 07:42 AM
I've read posts before, both good and bad about aquatraders, so just wanted to throw this one in the mix. I emailed them orginally to ask if the larger CPR clone skimmer (dual version) came with powerheads. After a few days they emailed me back saying the single version does come with a powerhead, but the dual does not. I opted for the single, and placed my order. It took about 4 business days for them to ship the skimmer, and I received confimation from them that the item had shipped, no tracking number was provided. About 3 days after shipment the skimmer arrived.

Overall it was a smooth process, but the communication is not that great, although for the price it was a great deal. No instructions or anything came with the skimmer, so I just figured it out, and went to CPRs site to check the forums so I knew the best way to position the collection cup. So if you guys order from them, make sure you know what you want, and try not to ask too many questions, since they might not answer =P

elgordoinavw
05-03-2005, 08:13 AM
So if you guys order from them, make sure you know what you want, and try not to ask too many questions, since they might not answer

Well said

Daniel
05-03-2005, 07:52 PM
i also had a smooth transaction with www.aquatraders.com

...i ordered two of those $19.90 18w PC fixtures and received them in 4 days after placing my order. package was packaged kinda cheaply, but it arrived w/o incident :) overall, a very satisfactory experience

swissfish
05-04-2005, 01:19 PM
I ordered the jebo 48" light back in january. Everything went smooth.

As for the instruction: be happy if you don't get any, because you won't be able to understand it:)

The_Gryphon
05-04-2005, 03:16 PM
Nice to see you all had smooth transactions, but how good are thier fixtures?

iLLisMiKe
05-04-2005, 04:00 PM
i just got a 24" 2x65 pc fixture from them a while back. got my order in 2 days with ground shipping. they never gave me a tracking number, but who cares, it was here in 2 days. lights working great.

wannabeafarmer
05-04-2005, 08:06 PM
For everyone who has purchased these lights...are the fixture compatible with standard replacement bulbs?

I thought that I had read somewhere that the PC fixtures only worked with their bulbs...

Thx

Nick_Kun
05-04-2005, 08:28 PM
yesh you can use any PC replacement bulbs with the same wattage.

GeeOh
05-04-2005, 08:42 PM
I heard their actinics are just painted glass. is that true? Anyone buy actinics from them?

dt90gt
05-05-2005, 06:59 AM
I heard the actinic rumor as well, anyone know of proof with wavelength intensity data? Kinda like saying a P4 is better than an athlon without benchmarks.

Also, I see that they finally have some more of the 17 inch 211watt halide fixtures. The one with the double ended 175w HQI 20K and 2 18w actinic pcs for 182.21 shipped includding tax. Anyone running that setup? sounds like a great deal to me.

Nick_Kun
05-05-2005, 08:13 AM
Originally posted by GeeOh
I heard their actinics are just painted glass. is that true? Anyone buy actinics from them?

yeah unfortunately the actinic blue PC's that come with the fixture are just regular bulbs painted blue.