PDA

View Full Version : new new new

suver569
04-29-2005, 05:25 AM
Well, alot of stuff is changing in my life, just thought I'd share.

First off, and most importantly, we are expecting our 4th (yes 4th) baby in early december. Everyone do a little prayer, dance, ritual, voodoo or something, and lets hope it's a girl. The boys have to much energy for me.

It put a little damper on our plans for buying a house, but we'll just have to squeeze the kids in till I can add on.

Second, I'm 99% sure that I'm set for a new job at San Onofre power plant. It's a great position, making excellent money, tons of benefits. The best part is, no more construction! Thank god. As much as I enjoy construction, it takes a toll on the body. This new job is a Nuclear Test Technician, and it will require 2 years of schooling (paid thank god) and another year being an arrand boy basically for the seasoned Nuclear Test Tech's. After that, and a few certifications later, it's 100k+ a year, and voluntary overtime every weekend, guaranteed 1 shutdown a year, which is 7-12 hour days for 6 weeks. Not one test tech made under 100k for the last 5 years, and a few made over 150k (those that volunteered for all the weekend overtime)

This will be great, giving my wife the ability to cut back to part time work, or stop working completly, and focus on the kids and her photography.

Anyways, thought I'd share the few changes in my life with everyone.

Therapy
04-29-2005, 06:04 AM
That is a dream of mine to make enough money so that my wife can stay home and take care of our son. I believe that children benefit alot by having at least one parent "around" for them all the time. Thats great news for you....I hope you arent a homer simpson type !! By the looks of your avatar I have my doubts HAHA

SD619
04-29-2005, 06:34 AM
Congrats, Dan! I hope to reach that career goal within the next 2 years, too!

suver569
04-29-2005, 06:45 AM
Originally posted by Therapy
That is a dream of mine to make enough money so that my wife can stay home and take care of our son. I believe that children benefit alot by having at least one parent "around" for them all the time. Thats great news for you....I hope you arent a homer simpson type !! By the looks of your avatar I have my doubts HAHA

Oh, haha, That's not me. Here, i'll give ya the link

http://www.tourettesguy.com/videos.htm

I found it funny. Dont watch at work or when kids are around.

wrx777
04-29-2005, 04:56 PM
that's good to hear dan! hope everything works out for the best! sounds like it will! :D

~Lenny

swissfish
04-29-2005, 05:08 PM
Hey Dan

that sounds great, congrats on the new one ang the job. That will make it easy to provide the crowd at home.

And best of all, after working at the nuke plant for a while, just sleep next to the tank and you glowing ,will replace the MH's:)

btw the snails are doing great.

suver569
04-29-2005, 05:33 PM
Originally posted by swissfish
just sleep next to the tank and you glowing ,will replace the MH's:)

btw the snails are doing great.

Lol, maybe I can be a nightlight for my fish :p