PDA

View Full Version : Yuma expelled substance

fishamigo
08-02-2009, 08:34 PM
All:

I picked up this killer but expensive Yuma from AquaSD a few weeks ago. One day I noticed a clear gelatinous slime that was surrounding it. I suctioned it away from the shroom so that it wouldn't suffocate. A couple days later, I found some more of this substance under the mushroom. The the Yuma detached from the rock and I have been trying to guide its landing to an appropriate spot ever since. Just before this slime appeared, I saw the the Yuma had spawned a newbie shroom. My question is if this slime is a symptom of being sick or just part of the lifecycle. I have another type of Yuma and never seen this substance.

I've got a 60gal tank under T5s. And all things are doing well, although my tank has heated up a few degrees in the warm month of July.

Andres

vlad_acosta
08-02-2009, 10:25 PM
is it kinda like the stuff mushrooms give off? Has it opened up all the way? Do you have any other yumas or rics? How are they doing? You can also ask Will im sure he will guide you in the right direction too.

fishamigo
08-05-2009, 06:12 PM
I have a rock of rics and another rock of Yumas. All seem to be doing fine and i have never seen this clear tissue before. Hmmm.