PDA

View Full Version : Salty Reefs Feedback

SaltyReefs
07-27-2009, 10:24 AM
Well now that I have sold to some of you, thought I would start a feedback thread.

Let me know how I did. What can I improve? Comments? Complaints?

Thanks,
Keith
Salty Reefs

Sat Cong
07-27-2009, 10:56 AM
Great price, great specimen (the wrasse is eating pellets like there is no tomorrow), and great drop off location! Thanks, bro!

SaltyReefs
07-27-2009, 05:28 PM
Thanks satcong, glad you like your wrasse.

Batman
10-25-2009, 03:17 PM
I'll start with the good:

Experience #1 - I missed out on a run a few months back by LotsaFishies, and stumbled across SaltyReefs. It worked out in my favor because I was extremely anxious to add a few chromis and a cleaner shrimp to my newly established tank. The transaction was nearly flawless. I even made the dumbass mistake of not bringing enough money for tax and Keith's mom spotted me the difference. I was somewhat impressed and figured if anything came up in the future another purchase from SaltyReefs wouldn't be out of the question.

Experience #2 - Again, I just missed another run from LotsaFishies, and since my previous experience with Keith had been good, I gave him another shot. I requested 4 chromis, and also a true perc (although it wasn't on his weekly list). I received a response that stated the clown is not available (no big deal) and that he needed my phone number to complete the order, of which I replied with. I didn't receive a text or a call from Keith stating that he has returned with my order (not cool) so I flipped him a buzz.... Not enough chromis available to fufuill my order he says. I was sorta bummed, but those are the brakes I guess.

Experience #2 - I went through the order process again with him; phone number, order, and location. Requested that clown that I missed out on from the last run, as well as some frozen brine cubes. Confirmed the order, all is available, all is well. I took off early from work to meet up with him, and at about 4:30pm I received a call saying that they were out of clowns and brine. Same experience as the last run, but got a call in return this.

I guess in a nutshell my complaint is that I need a little more notice than an hour stating that something is or isn't available. The few bucks that I dropped aren't going to feed his family, but it's still money in the bank. I am not familiar with the process that these wholesale runners go through to pick up the livestock and goods we request, but I can only speak for my experience with other dudes that make the same run when I say, "these things don't happen with them." Am I alone? If so, sorry for being a ****. Thanks.

SaltyReefs
10-25-2009, 09:26 PM
Batman,

Sorry that you feel that your experience wasn't up to par. The thing is I have classes everyday of the week and the only time I can squeeze runs in are thursdays. This unfortunately is the last day of the week that they are open, so by the time I get up there everyone else has had a chance to pick over the livestock. Popular items, like clowns, seem to sell out fast. I wont know what exactly will be in stock until I get up there. If they had it I would get it, why would I want to lose out on an order that I already took the time to process.

Also, I am usually really compressed for time. I have a morning class on Thursdays that I cannot miss. I have to rush down there and get all the orders, and still try to beat LA traffic. I don't really have the time to call up everyone until I get back. I don't want to call people while I'm driving because I don't want get get distracted in bumper to bumper traffic and get into a wreak.

Honestly, I'm sorry that I am unable to get your orders. I know that other days are a lot better to fill orders, but my number one priority is school. This is just just have a small thing on the side that I don't plan to do forever.

I usually get most of the orders, just sometimes they sell out some stuff before I get there. I know it's a bummer but there is nothing I can do about that.

Sorry again

vicfish
10-26-2009, 11:03 AM
alternate pick up locations :D.. great dude though..