PDA

View Full Version : the fish bit my brand new korila 3 wire....

electriclam
07-03-2009, 08:29 PM
i had two fish in my tank last night apparently pretty curious about the new korila pump i put in there yesterday.

one of them took a chunk out of the black rubber outter coating on the wire that hangs in the water. i just noticed it while i was feeding tonight and it worried me.

does anyone know if the white wire (it seems pretty thick and still intact) is water proof??

and if not, can i get the wire cut and replaced or do i run the risk of electrocution if i do anything besides it's stock wiring?

i took the thing out and tomorrow i'm going to see what the store tells me i can do about it. the thing that bugs me is, i bought it yesterday.... so i would hope i could get at least some credit towards replacing it.... its under a warranty of some kind but i dont know if that includes fish bites.....

help me out if you've ever encountered a similar problem or if you know the exchange policy on damaged goods....

please and thank you.

LarryM
07-03-2009, 09:03 PM
What kinda fish you have that has rugge cutting jaws?

If you cant get it replaced put a little silicone sealant on it and let it cure 24.

electriclam
07-03-2009, 09:17 PM
a clown trigger and a porcupine puffer.

i just sold the trigger today to a bigger home cuz he was like 6 inches.

ya, both the fish are pretty rugged lol.

LotsaFishies
07-04-2009, 08:11 AM
I very seriously doubt ANY lfs would take back a fish-damaged piece of equipment...
Funny story though! Hope you get it figured out - Larry's silicone idea seems good.