PDA

View Full Version : SDReefs Iphone Application

seesquared
06-26-2009, 06:46 AM
I have no idea how you do it, but if there was an IPhone app made to view SDreefs via the IPhone that would be awesome. I'm sure its expensive but think of the ease of navigating the different sections...

smirkis
06-26-2009, 06:48 AM
we don't need a application. just "iphone friendly" forum mods. kinda like modmyi.com has a iphone theme'd version of the forum. and a lot of other iphone forums i visit often.

its only a theme which is what makes it so easy.

jrod11
06-26-2009, 07:38 AM
I have no idea how you do it, but if there was an IPhone app made to view SDreefs via the IPhone that would be awesome. I'm sure its expensive but think of the ease of navigating the different sections...

That would be really sick. Would just be too expensive for blake to get developed. More people need premi memberships!

seesquared
06-26-2009, 07:59 AM
we don't need a application. just "iphone friendly" forum mods. kinda like modmyi.com has a iphone theme'd version of the forum. and a lot of other iphone forums i visit often.

its only a theme which is what makes it so easy.

sounds like a good way to go..

malakaikingston
06-26-2009, 10:07 PM
Install it.

Configure it.

Forget it.

http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=174375

!v@n
06-26-2009, 11:13 PM
not expensive, just gotta write new css for the site to load on an iphone properly. It just takes some time to do it.

Sam Maghsoodloo
06-30-2009, 04:00 PM
yeah, an iphone skin would be great! Even better would be a general mobile-web skin so other phones could view it too.

FYI in order to make an iphone app, you'd need to buy the sdk from apple (actually pretty cheap), then code and debug the app, then submit it to apple to get approval to post it on the app store (which they probably won't do because its too obscure). If it doesn't get approved for the app store, the only way to get it on phones is if they're jailbroken (hacked).

Live Water Aquariums
06-30-2009, 07:28 PM
I thought the whole point of the iphone is that you can go on the internet. But not the whole internet? I didn't know that, sounds kinda lame. If I can't go to sdreefs I'm not getting one yet then for sure...

Diver Dan
06-30-2009, 07:34 PM
I can get on here with my samsung eternity. Everything works but the chatbox...

KT-150
06-30-2009, 07:39 PM
you can access anything on the internet with an iphone using apple's safari browser, including sdr.

smirkis
06-30-2009, 08:56 PM
yah it works fine. but the fixed iphone friendly ones are jus chopped html versions without ads so everything loads 10x faster. sdr works fine tho, just if your not 3g then loading time is pretty standard on the full forum. slow.

Therapy
06-30-2009, 09:12 PM
I pretty much use my iphone to view SDR these days especially at work. Dont tell the RSO sdsteve.

Blaze
07-01-2009, 09:46 AM
Only thing is I can't post in the chat box with the iPhone so don't make an app just make a mobil version so I can post on the chat box or if there is an app make it so when ou buy it you become a pre-me member

smirkis
07-01-2009, 12:33 PM
or the sdr admin jus needs to add a button to submit, instead of relying just on "enter" lol. return on the iphone jus skips to the next line. boo

sdtaco
07-08-2009, 07:04 PM
yeah just add an enter button would help for the chat. I think I posted that in the primi forums and not here.

RussM
10-16-2009, 08:59 AM
Now that I have an iPhone, - Blake, GET OFF YOUR ASS - SUPPORT YOUR MEMBERS. We need that submit/send button in Chatbox.... NOW!

smirkis
10-16-2009, 09:13 AM
Now that I have an iPhone, - Blake, GET OFF YOUR ASS - SUPPORT YOUR MEMBERS. We need that submit/send button in Chatbox.... NOW!

no kidding

every time i hop on my iphone and hit sdreefs, im sad i can't chat with the peoples!