PDA

View Full Version : I Think My Fish Might Have Ick

Romulox234
06-06-2009, 08:27 PM
I recently just added some rocks to my tank one of them was big with lots of coraline algae on it but the others didnt look like they had been cycled yet they were too white.

And today i noticed my lionfish had some white dots on his eyes not alot just a little but and my tang has a big white spot at the part where his head and his sailfin thing meet, and he looks kinda white/grey all over his body and has a bunch of little tiny white spots on his fins especially his tail fin.

I have alot of corals in the tank and ive had it for about a month and half now and they were all doing pretty good until today, maybe it was the rocks or something else but they just been hiding in the back of the tank and usually there always swimming around in the front

I was wondering what kind of medication to use on my tank so i dont kill my corals and also without having to take both of them out cuz that would be a big pain

Also i dont know if this is important or not but my whole aquariaum is filled with bubble when the skimmer runs but when its off the whole thing is clear. and before i added those rocks i didnt have that problem

OceanBeach1502
06-06-2009, 09:34 PM
It could be the size of your tank. Im not sure about the lion fish but tangs need more than 60g and under the stress of a small tank they often get ick. :2cents:

Romulox234
06-06-2009, 10:22 PM
well he was doing pretty alrite before seemed happy and healthy

nahtanoj
06-07-2009, 08:09 AM
a pic would help with id'ing the issue. if it is just a mild case of ich, keep the water clean and keep the fish eating well and they should overcome it. if they appear to have labored breathing, you need to pull and treat.