PDA

View Full Version : Seperate section for hobbyist trying to trade and sell equipment to fund their hobby,

fish king
05-23-2009, 12:20 PM
and a second for companies that are trying to make a profit

ocean1
05-27-2009, 03:10 PM
:popcorn:

jrod11
05-27-2009, 03:48 PM
There already is one for sponsors. What's wrong with hobbyists selling their corals? Just don't open the thread if you don't like it.

fish king
05-27-2009, 04:39 PM
no i am all about hobbyists selling

Batman
05-27-2009, 06:47 PM
i'm not trying to sound like a **** if it comes off that way, but... isn't that what the for sale section is for?

fish king
05-27-2009, 08:13 PM
I am simply asking that sponsors or corporations or big buisnesses or people in this for just the money post elsewhere thank you. Damn! I can barely afford a premie membership these days!

fish king
05-27-2009, 08:15 PM
Im gonna get flack saying that the sponsers are the ones that fund this site blah blah blah i dont contribute blah blah blah......Sorry for opening my big fat mouth I was probably drunk when I wrote it.

seareef
05-27-2009, 08:59 PM
:coffee: hmmmm...

jrod11
05-27-2009, 09:03 PM
i just looked through some of your posts. One of those being titled "commercialized". The majority of your other posts were FS threads. What gives?

Diver Dan
05-27-2009, 09:05 PM
LOL
This thread is funny!

benzeeno
05-27-2009, 09:17 PM
LOL
This thread is funny!

^^^agree.^^^

ocean1
05-27-2009, 10:10 PM
Down with the man! :popcorn:

fish king
05-28-2009, 07:20 AM
at rockbottom prices to fund my expensive hobby not to line my pockets and make a profit and i will keep selling stuff. I have probably spent 100 times as much money in fish stores and through people on here than what I have made here.

jrod11
05-28-2009, 07:24 AM
I doubt anyone on here is lining their pockets. If they were, you would see lots more people doing it. From what I can tell, a lot of the sponsors on here do a great deal of spending as well and probalby spend 100 times more than they make as well.

467echo
05-28-2009, 07:29 AM
I doubt anyone on here is lining their pockets.

Lining their pockets with salt maybe!

Techknowledgy
05-28-2009, 07:39 AM
What a waste of time reading this was. Note to self- and to all of the reefers out there. This is not a cheap hobby. Period. Most people who do sell things just reinvest their money into their tanks, or buy food for their fish and corals. Free enterprise. The American Way. God Bless American entrepreneurship. Lead, follow, or get out of the way. ............ etc.

OBTW- if you can't afford a premie membership, and you sell things here, and you buy things here, and you take advantage of all of the benefits of this site, perhaps you should take up a hobby which is not SO expensive. Origami? :)

jrod11
05-28-2009, 07:51 AM
What a waste of time reading this was. Note to self- and to all of the reefers out there. This is not a cheap hobby. Period. Most people who do sell things just reinvest their money into their tanks, or buy food for their fish and corals. Free enterprise. The American Way. God Bless American entrepreneurship. Lead, follow, or get out of the way. ............ etc.

Well said!

diegoluv
05-28-2009, 08:03 AM
Roland always breaks it down with a educated review of ignorance....=)

Batman
05-28-2009, 04:40 PM

OBTW- if you can't afford a premie membership, and you sell things here, and you buy things here, and you take advantage of all of the benefits of this site, perhaps you should take up a hobby which is not SO expensive. Origami? :)

Patronize the next chump who could give a ****. The information available on this website (as well as similar sites) is what continues to help build a healthier hobby and community. You should be greatful that 1 out of every 50 (guess) people that create user accounts on here will become paying members. Even though I am NOT a paying member, my money is spent supporting the sponsors, vendors, and general users that also continue to pump money back in to this forum. It is phenomenal that the majority of "reeftards" on this site are willing to invest their knowledge back in to the newbs who wish some that some day, they too will have a fricken sweet setup like Dave Morris', as well as a cool orange name signifying that they are atleast accepted by Techknowledgy.

RussM
05-28-2009, 05:30 PM
Batman, maybe you're confusing Technowledgy & Technoviking?

Batman
05-28-2009, 05:42 PM
Batman, maybe you're confusing Technowledgy & Technoviking?

Phew! I was correct in my quote :). It was posted regarding Technowledgy, just so we are clear. It is not necessary to be condescending toward potential future paying members, or even those that regularly use the site.

I hope offense is not taken here because that is not my intention. I'm just speaking up for the regular joes that float around on this board looking for a good deal, or just trying to figure this hobby out althogether.

glassyguy
05-28-2009, 07:12 PM
As a newby in this hobby, I hope to upgrade to a large setup soon. (have a 20 gal that is doing great). I got all my info from this site and purchased many frags and fish. It's amazing how helpful the veterans of this hobby are to the rookies.

diegoluv
05-28-2009, 07:51 PM
FIGHT FIGHT!!! :::pulls up a chair and is happy it's not on pay per view::::

diegoluv
05-28-2009, 07:56 PM
Patronize the next chump who could give a ****. The information available on this website (as well as similar sites) is what continues to help build a healthier hobby and community. You should be greatful that 1 out of every 50 (guess) people that create user accounts on here will become paying members. Even though I am NOT a paying member, my money is spent supporting the sponsors, vendors, and general users that also continue to pump money back in to this forum. It is phenomenal that the majority of "reeftards" on this site are willing to invest their knowledge back in to the newbs who wish some that some day, they too will have a fricken sweet setup like Dave Morris', as well as a cool orange name signifying that they are atleast accepted by Techknowledgy.

Everyone in this forum is a bunch of uneducated retards that never graduated high school. You sons of $@^%$!# can go choke on a Tonga branch for all I care. I hate all of you.

No offense to anyone of course. I hope you dont take it the wrong way.

LOL...are you kidding me?!

OceanBeach1502
05-28-2009, 08:18 PM
Everyone in this forum is a bunch of uneducated retards that never graduated high school. You sons of $@^%$!# can go choke on a Tonga branch for all I care. I hate all of you.

Cant blame batman for having the balls to say what others can only say in the chat box :ohsnap:

diegoluv
05-28-2009, 08:27 PM
Cant blame batman for having the balls to say what others can only say in the chat box :ohsnap:

I didnt blame anyone. I for one have no problem saying whats on my mind. If you have read my posts, you would know that. I was simply stating the fact of Batman's contradiction....

no offense of course....LOL

Batman
05-28-2009, 09:42 PM

Please don't misunderstand what I was saying above. I have the UTMOST respect for the people on this forum. I have learned EVERYTHING I know (as far as reefing is concerned) on this board. If you could please go back and carefully read through what I typed, you would get what I am trying to say. The term "Reeftards", if that is what you are referring to, did not imply that anybody is retarded or is uneducated, but instead I implied that we are all reefing junkies. I apologize if I didn't state that clear enough.

It is a priviledge for me to be able to use the FREE resources on this site. I have not bought my way in to the premium membership category yet. I intend on it. That is the least I can do to give back to the people that have made this website possible. When I become a paid member, it's not going to be because of the coral, fish, tanks, equipment, or just the typical B.S. we do here every day, it's because I appreciate what this forum has done for me.

Until I become a premium member though, I shouldn't have to feel like a second class citizen because I haven't paid my dues yet.

You feel me now?

fish king
05-28-2009, 10:04 PM
i love reefing!!!!! And bumblebees on a summer day !! Lemonade!!! Sugar blossoms and smiles. Does anybody need a hug?

diegoluv
05-29-2009, 07:38 AM
Please don't misunderstand what I was saying above. I have the UTMOST respect for the people on this forum. I have learned EVERYTHING I know (as far as reefing is concerned) on this board. If you could please go back and carefully read through what I typed, you would get what I am trying to say. The term "Reeftards", if that is what you are referring to, did not imply that anybody is retarded or is uneducated, but instead I implied that we are all reefing junkies. I apologize if I didn't state that clear enough.

It is a priviledge for me to be able to use the FREE resources on this site. I have not bought my way in to the premium membership category yet. I intend on it. That is the least I can do to give back to the people that have made this website possible. When I become a paid member, it's not going to be because of the coral, fish, tanks, equipment, or just the typical B.S. we do here every day, it's because I appreciate what this forum has done for me.

Until I become a premium member though, I shouldn't have to feel like a second class citizen because I haven't paid my dues yet.

You feel me now?

I understand. I can give a crap less if you pay or you dont. I dont get the money. I guess it helps everyone indirectly but anyways....

Techknowledgy
05-29-2009, 08:10 AM
As a newby in this hobby, I hope to upgrade to a large setup soon. (have a 20 gal that is doing great). I got all my info from this site and purchased many frags and fish. It's amazing how helpful the veterans of this hobby are to the rookies.

Exactly. I have saved so much more than my 8 cents a day by being a member. (Yes, mods pay too.) If Blake (Technoviking) make a few bucks, cool. I am sure it is just a few, considering all of the work, time, effort and patience he has put into making this THE Reef Online Forum in San Diego.

I have helped a lot of newbies. Gone to their homes, set up their tanks, helped with lights and given them free stuff to get started. Free.

Me sitting in front of my reef and watching it grow- priceless.

If I offended anyone or made them feel like second class citizens, I apologize. It was not my intent.

Within reason, you are free to say or post whatever you like here. Free. If you VALUE what you get here, and I do, I feel compelled, and responsible to pay for it to continue.

jrod11
05-29-2009, 08:13 AM
if I only knew about this board when i first got in the hobby- I would have saved myself not only a ton of money, but also lots of time and stress.

Techknowledgy
05-29-2009, 08:17 AM
if I only knew about this board when i first got in the hobby- I would have saved myself not only a ton of money, but also lots of time and stress.

Amen to that. It might be unpopular, but I always tell newbies; you know, the guy buying the tank, sand, undergravel filter, salt mix AND two clown fish, plus a carpet nem for his 9 year old daughter- about this site. All of us are smarter than any of us.

Batman
05-29-2009, 12:04 PM
I couldn't agree with you more Techknowledgy. It is the user's responsibility to give back a little when they have taken so much. I'll be signing up for my membership very soon. It's about damn time anyway.

BajaReefs
05-29-2009, 10:25 PM
and I thought my 30 day wait period sounded bad...lol

kalosbios
05-31-2009, 12:33 AM
:popcorn: "let's get ready for a rumble in the jungle!" :lol: Don't really know what's more crazy--reading this whole thread or posting in it:crazy:

Thanks for everything from everyone here I have ever had the pleasure to meet and/or converse with. . . you guys rock!

Thanks,

Gordon

diegoluv
05-31-2009, 11:10 AM
lol.....this is what keeps the blood flowing through the boards...lol

Techknowledgy
05-31-2009, 05:43 PM
Clarification, Blake is TechnoViking. He is the owner operator administrator- Higher Power of the site. I am but a lowly mod.

specvjeff
07-02-2009, 10:37 PM
and a second for companies that are trying to make a profit

Ummmmmmmmm wouldn't you be trying to make a profit too.....

dogma40
07-03-2009, 02:22 AM
i love reefing!!!!! And bumblebees on a summer day !! Lemonade!!! Sugar blossoms and smiles. Does anybody need a hug?

i want a hug! come here bro *hug*

hahaha

reeftard.. i kinda like that... but more in the condescending way :bat:

smirkis
07-03-2009, 06:48 AM
Ummmmmmmmm wouldn't you be trying to make a profit too.....

according to him, not really. i've bought from him a few times, he sells his stuff at dirt cheap prices. just trying to move savings on to the next reefer to continue to fund his hobby. just like most of us in this hobby. except for a handful or two, who only look to profit from it.

this site is awesome. all this good info, great prices n deals, and some jerry springer in the mix. awesome

specvjeff
07-03-2009, 10:51 PM
My point is it doesn't really matter. He's trying to sell to support his hobby we're trying to sell to support ourselves (and our tanks). As long as someone doesn't post separate threads for each and every item they have for sale (which bugs me a lot, and not only done by sponsors), I don't see the problem with it.

maus
07-07-2009, 08:41 AM
My point is it doesn't really matter. He's trying to sell to support his hobby we're trying to sell to support ourselves (and our tanks). As long as someone doesn't post separate threads for each and every item they have for sale (which bugs me a lot, and not only done by sponsors), I don't see the problem with it.

I agree... I have no problems as long as they don't make a slew of posts.

But on the other hand, yes; there are two levels of people trying to make money here. Those simply trying to offset the cost of their addiction by selling frags they cultured... and those trying to make a living off it. As such, and this has been a rule on these boards for awhile now, is that if you have a wholesale license and you're going up to 104th st. to get stock to sell here, you must be a paid sponsor. Otherwise it's simply not fair to those who have gone out of there way to make a real business out of their love of this hobby.

dogma40
07-07-2009, 12:40 PM
here here