PDA

View Full Version : Clownfish w/ Ich

wildtigg3r
04-03-2009, 08:12 AM
Both my clownfish are showing signs of Ich. I was wondering if anyone can help me quarantine them? I don't have enough equipment to have my own quarantine tank. Your help will be greatly appreciated. I'm in Rancho Bernardo. I've been feeding my clownfish frozen mysis soaked with garlic for the past few days. They are eating so that's good.

Please let me know your treatment method. I prefer to avoid copper and formalin treatment unless you have great success with them.

The current livestocks in my main tank are: 1 cleaner shrimp, 2 hermits, 1 turbo snail and 2 clownfish.

Thank you in advance.

~Jr.

kpick41
04-06-2009, 01:11 PM
I've used Kick Ich by Ruby Reef in the past with success. It's reef safe, and I can atest to that...in my experience. I haven't seen it at Pet Kingdom for sale, but I have seen it at Encinitas Tropical Fish...AW may have it too, but I can't remember.

BigAir
04-06-2009, 01:13 PM
Leave them in the tank, make suer parameters are stabil, and feed the garlic, metrodizanole, and focus cocktail for several weeks.

ricenoodle
04-06-2009, 01:47 PM
+1 bigair, Also there is no such thing as a cureall for ich such as KickIch otherwise we'd all be using it. Copper, Hyposalinity, with addition of leaving this display fallow (fishless) for 6-8 weeks are the only test and proven ways.

wildtigg3r
04-06-2009, 11:00 PM
Unfortunately both my true percs passed away =(

Female on Sunday morning and male not too long ago. This is very sad. This is the first time I have lost fishies to ich. Grrr... I'll be going fishless in my tank for awhile.

Best of luck to the rest of you guys who are currently battling any sort of sickness your fishies might have.