PDA

View Full Version : Anyone in Mission Hills?

SanDiegoReefs
03-26-2004, 12:25 AM
I was just moving into our new place tonight and saw the pleasant glow of actinics through a neighbor's window! Not that I was snooping, but you cannot miss that color at 10:30PM.
Looked like a 50-60g too.... someone fess up, who's my new neighbor?

-moore

[G]h0s']['
03-26-2004, 08:42 AM
LOL!!! :p

brahm
03-26-2004, 09:55 AM
serious man, how do you know he wasn't trying to set the mood and get it on, with a little alternative lighting.

ninhsavestheday
03-26-2004, 10:16 AM
you shall forever be known as PEEPING MOORE

ConUSsd
03-26-2004, 10:18 AM
LOL! I think someone needs to excercise some admin rights over moore. what is this board coming too? J/K :D

kim92111
03-26-2004, 11:12 AM
Shoot first, ask questions later.

I thought I recognized you. Is that you in the sketch of the guy peeping around Clairemont. He's now moving his show over to Mission Hills.

Hey, I still have your hermit crabs. They are sitting in a small cup.

SanDiegoReefs
03-26-2004, 12:12 PM
Haha, geeez.... what did I get myself into.

It's cool though, I know you guys have all done it.... seen a tank through a passing house and wondered if it's one of the guys on here. If you guys can't admit it, that's fine.... haha.

Since nobody is gonna fess up, I'm going to have to go knock on the door now and drop a little "Check out www.sdreefs.com!" on them.

But in the mean time.... watch out!!! You never know who's tank I'll be peeping at. Did I mention I have a great set of binoculars? Haha...

Stan: I thought I emailed/PM'd you to just dump them in your tank. I was out of town for a bit, and didn't think I'd be able to get over there for some time... and now I'm moving and am locked to the Uhaul for a few days, so they're all yours, ha.

-moore

brahm
03-26-2004, 12:15 PM
<----so glad you can't see the blue glare from my house.

sdreefer21
03-27-2004, 01:50 AM
I saw the mh/actnic glow from a a neighbor and I knocked on the door and it was cool to meet a fellow reefer!

ghrays
03-28-2004, 11:37 AM
I live in Mission Hills near Phil's BBQ. I have a 29 gallon reef, but I am in the planning stages of a bigger tank. I'm now thinking of 120 gallon 4 x 2 x 2', so that I can get some bigger fish and have room for a sump, refugium, etc in the stand. I might get a Lee Mar euro style, but the $ is high.

[G]h0s']['
03-28-2004, 11:43 AM
That's almost exactly what I'm looking for as an upgrade. a 48x30x24 eurobraced tank. Did you get a quote on the tank you are looking for? How much? The reason that I plan to do a tank with the above dimensions is because I hate the center brace in my 125gal AGA, my halides cover 2x2 foot square area each pendant, and the 30" depth would provide a broad enough surface to do some unique aquascaping. :D Oh, and Moore is a tank perv by the way. LOL! ...sorry Jason, couldn't resist. I always wondered why you crack a big smile when you look at clams. LOL...another gut shot! -Mel :eek:

ghrays
03-28-2004, 12:15 PM
I got a preliminary quote on a Lee Mar 80 gallon 48" wide x 20"deep x 24"tall euro style tank with built-in overflow and two bulkheads from OG. It was $693.00 (tank only). They had a book with prices listed for both Lee Mar and Moore's Cabinet Co (for the stand and canopy). They added between 25 and 40% markup, saying the prices listed were "wholesale". I have no idea if this is correct. I am not ready to order yet anyway. I need to learn more about plumbing, filtration and flow before getting the tank as I want it pre-drilled and I do not have enough experience to know where to pre-drill it without regretting it later.:o

MrKrispy
03-28-2004, 02:27 PM
mmmm Phil's BBQ. I just ate there. I live down near the hospital, but just moved my tank to my girlfriend's so no glow for you. So to speak

tom@kartboy.com
03-28-2004, 02:38 PM
screw the tanks where is this BBQ place you speak of::: *homer* Droool*homer*

everyone i've been to in SD has had the suck!

tom

SDRotary
03-28-2004, 02:52 PM
Originally posted by tom@kartboy.com
screw the tanks where is this BBQ place you speak of::: *homer* Droool*homer*

everyone i've been to in SD has had the suck!

tom

Ahem: Ramons BBQ pit in Alpine mmmmmm