PDA

View Full Version : 20H Nano

MarLooney
12-10-2003, 06:20 PM
Hope this works...

MarLooney
12-10-2003, 06:24 PM
Cool it worked! These are old pics but oh well, they'll have to do for now. BTW frags of that GSP pictured are now available I'll get pics of the frags ASAP.

MarLooney
12-10-2003, 06:26 PM
This rock is actually covered in clove polyps now. I'll be getting rid of it as soon as enough of it grows onto surrounding rocks.

MarLooney
12-10-2003, 06:27 PM
my electric baby :D

nalbar
12-10-2003, 06:30 PM
wonderful MarLooney

i would love some of that gsp. but at this point i have nothing to trade.

::sigh::

nalbar

MarLooney
12-10-2003, 06:31 PM
lone polyp

MarLooney
12-10-2003, 06:33 PM
White hammer eating shrimp. RIP i'm pretty sure that hammer is dead now.

MarLooney
12-10-2003, 06:36 PM
Halimeda anyone? :D

MarLooney
12-10-2003, 06:39 PM
My friend has a crapload of Razor Caulerpa in his fuge!!! So much that it's shading his Chaetomorpha and it's dying off. This is some he gave me a long time ago. If you'd like some please msg me quick. He's probably gonna trim a bunch and throw it away!! Willing to trade for probably anything or just take some and pay back later, or never... HAHA. We'll see...

elgordoinavw
12-11-2003, 09:25 PM
i like it, how long have you had the elec. scallop? any complaints?

MarLooney
12-11-2003, 11:18 PM
since September 13, 2003... HAHA i keep a tabs. :D i had a white flame scallop and it commited suicide so i got the electric to replace it. it wedged itself somewhere it couldn't open and was there more than a day. i thought it would get out but it didn't and i took it out myself... i guess i was too late. :( those are really hard to find. if i see another i'll get it, if you know of any available let me know. the biggest issue is placement. you need to make a good cave for them. it's very hard to keep yourself happy along with the happiness of the scallop. it likes to be in the dark and i like to be able to see it. if you don't give it a cave with enough shade it'll go off and most likely end up in the back of your tank. mine is content with the cave in the front i've put him in but i had to learn how he likes things first. aside from placement issues just feed phyto a few times a week and you should both be happy.

MarLooney
12-18-2003, 07:58 PM
GSP propigated on oyster shell

sdboogie
12-19-2003, 12:31 AM
do you dose your tank? If so, with what? You have way better coralline than I do. Or just give us the whole setup rundown.

MarLooney
12-19-2003, 11:14 PM
full rundown'll take a while... for now i'll tell you i dose 5mL of bi-onic and 4mL of Reef Solution daily... OK well it's supposed to be daily... HAHA. that GSP oyster shell frag was completely white! someone up the street who got married had a ton on their reception. yum yum :D if anyone wants some, i have a lot.

sdboogie
12-20-2003, 12:12 PM
I just started a week ago with the b-ionic, reef vital dna and essential elements. I can already see a change in the coralline. Maybe there's hope. So those shells went from white to corralline? Anything white in my tank goes to green, neon, 80s green. Maybe it'll be different with the b-ionic.

MarLooney
12-23-2003, 09:10 PM
Lee-Mar 20 high all glass with CPR Bak-Pak, Powersweep 226, & Whisper 3 with rubble. Coralife 2x65w PCs (daylight and actinic). dosing Bi-onic calcium buffer system and Reef Solution. water changes every 2week with Coralife salt.

16lbs-Fiji LR
9 1/2lbs-Tonga Branch
base rock like oyster shells and frags
CaribSea Aragonite (not sure how much... it was just left over i had) + a few handfuls of really fine sand

Corals:
Colt Coral
Clear Green Branching Hammer (dying... we tried saving it from a dying tank)
Bubble Coral
Pink Pagoda
Sinularia Leather
Cabbage Leather
Capnella
Yellow Polyps
Pink Center Brown Zoos
Pink Zoos
Snake Polyps
Clove Polyps
Metalic GSP
Non-Metalic GSP
Finger Star Poylps
Green Palythoa
Green Center Palythoa
Red Mushroom
Super Red Mushroom
Green Striped Mushrooms
Purple/Green Mushrooms with red spots (bumps)
Green Ricordias

etc.:
Green/Yellow Feather Duster
Electric Flame Scallop
Green Ricordias
Orange Ball Sponges
Yellow Encrusting Sponge
White Sponge
Green Encrusting Sponge
Green Sponge (branching)

Macros:
Halimeda
Razor Caleurpa
Spaghetti
Red Grape
Red Feather

Clean Up Crew:
2-Orange Striped Hermits
3-Left-handed Hermits
2-Scarlet Hermits
7-Red-tip Hermits
1-White Striped Hermit
10-Astrea Snails
11-Margarita Snails
6-Painted Snails (not sure how many are left though)
3-Nassarius Snails (one large)
5-Cerith Snails
4-Bumble Bee Snails
1-Snail that look like cerith but are light colored instead of dark... know what they are?
A whole lot of Stomatella

*may sound like a lot of snails but some of them are moving to my dad's tank after we upgrade it to FOWLR.

anything else you wanna know?

T. VO
01-21-2004, 12:00 AM
Can we get a full shot of the tank? :)

MarLooney
01-21-2004, 12:48 AM
actually the 20H is no more. everything has been moved to a 30T. i have plans to make the 20 into a propigation tank just so i have something left to look at in my bedroom because the new 30 is for the livingroom.

nalbar
01-21-2004, 01:40 AM
how tall in inches is the 30T?

nalbar

MarLooney
01-26-2004, 05:43 PM
sorry for the late reply... it's 24" tall.