PDA

View Full Version : feeler: custom 47g tank w/stand trade for 60g cube

MauiReefer
02-23-2009, 07:29 PM
im thinking about upgrading my 47g with black back (24''H 24''L 18''W) with black stand to a 60g cube, i know not that much bigger but i want to have an overflow and sump but dont want to worry with the overflow box. willing to trade my tank for a 60g cube with overflows. will give extra cash or some corals. i will also consider selling it for the right price. the tank is only a few months old. also have a 12g aquapod with 70watt hqi sunpod, bakpak skimmer and stand. will trade both tanks for 60 cube with stand and sump

seareef
02-23-2009, 08:32 PM
How much are you asking for the tank?

MauiReefer
02-23-2009, 09:06 PM
Well I want to make sure I can upgrade the tank first more or less looking for a trade

kalosbios
02-23-2009, 09:52 PM
Is that a Current Sunpod on the tank? If so, are you willing to part out just that? Please let me know (PM) if you're interested. I'm trying to set up a 20H nano and have never used halide lighting. I have a brand new LumenMax 3 reflector (DE) and matching Galaxy ballast (250w) if you might be interested in a trade (both are NIB) for your potential new system--I think 250w may be a bit much for what I am trying to achieve. Just a feeler. . . .

On another note, have you thought of a shallower "cube"? I have always thought that a 24"L x 24"W x18"H gives a greater sense of depth and just as much aquascaping potential (maybe more) as a straight 24" cube; take a look on reefcentral (reef discussion, I believe) for the "shallow reef club"--a really cool thread w/ a lot of great ideas!

Thanks,

Gordon

sevlar
02-23-2009, 10:50 PM
That's a cool tank. Love the dimensions. As you can see by my signature it's very similar to mine, only a few inches taller and wider. I actually wish I would've gotten mine with those same dimensions instead. Maybe if you do sell it...:D