PDA

View Full Version : Reeflo Orca 250 w/ Regular Orca pump

Fish n' Frags
02-18-2009, 04:03 PM
I picked this bad boy up from Diver Dan! Thanks Trever

This was brand new so i figured it would need a break in period. Well, maybe it does, but in about 12 hours i have 3 - 4 inches of crud in the bottom of a 5 gallon bucket that my large EuroReef wasn't getting.

Setup was extremely easy and fast. It required some gluing and teflon tape but all in all i was done in around 20 minutes.

If your not gravity feeding this from an overflow it requires a feed pump. I'm using a Mag 5 wide open with around 3 feet of head, passing through my UV steralizer, than into the skimmer body. I figure i'm getting around 400 GPH.

Initially i glued and pieced it together and then plugged in the Mag 5 to start filling it up. Once it started draining from the return line i shut it off to check for leaks. :( Yep, I found one. The o-ring for the neck flange was not doing its job. Luckily i had some heavy duty ones lying around and i happen to even have one the right size. So i drained it down far enough to replace the o-ring and checked again. SUCCESS! Since i was free of any leaks i plugged in the Orca..... THIS IS THE QUIETEST SKIMMER EVER MADE! Not sure if thats true but i had all the equipment running my system shut off and i could barely hear anything... almost silent. The venturi on the Orca pump has a valve to open and close the air to your liking. I don't have a meter to test but i'm allowing around 3/4 max air to come through.

Its been running less than 18 hours and this thing has pulled more sludge than my previous skimmer did in a month. I'll need to take another video when the lights are on but this short video gives a quick look at it.

I'm very impressed so far. Best skimmer i've ever owned.

http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u281/5579cartman/th_MVI_2170.jpg (http://s171.photobucket.com/albums/u281/5579cartman/?action=view&current=MVI_2170.flv)

Nick_Kun
02-18-2009, 06:30 PM
next upgrade for me will definate a Reeflo 300 with the needlewheel. Nice Video Matt. I love Reeflo.

Diver Dan
02-18-2009, 10:05 PM
:cry: I wish i could have put that thing to work! Im glad your pleased Matt! And that O-ring came stretched out like that... It was really weird, it didnt fit for us so we kinda had to push it in as best as we could...

BTW i had to wait a couple months for Reeflo to ship this as they are such a popular skimmer

Cool video cool review!