PDA

View Full Version : brookelynella

bpro32
02-18-2009, 08:42 AM
The clown I just bought has brooklynella. I put it in qt and I need to treat it with formalin but I am leaving for monterey tomorrow morning and I'll be gone all weekend so I need to put everything together today that it needs for the weekend. I've read that you are supposed to do formalin dips but do I add formailin to the qt? Also if anybody has high quality food I need enough for 5 days until I can make my own. I'd like to administer the first dose/dip tonight or tomorrow morning. I've heard brook kills fast so I'm panicking here so please help me out. :confused2:

bpro32
02-18-2009, 09:02 AM
my clown didn't make it but if you want to post for future reference to help other people out be my guest.

iceemn360
02-18-2009, 07:41 PM
indeed its a fast killer but even Formalin dips for a few minutes are very very effective. perhaps next time make a quick stop by a store or another reefer and get some. Formalin is good to have on hand when obtaining any new clownfish. btw Brook is a very very common disease among them

vlad_acosta
02-18-2009, 09:00 PM
here is a link to my post when my clowns got sick with this unfortunately they too didn't make it :mad::curse::mad:

http://www.sdreefs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=47142

bpro32
02-19-2009, 10:53 PM
thanks guys, losing fish is never fun