PDA

View Full Version : faster post loading

GeoJ
02-14-2009, 12:56 AM
Reduce pic size for faster post loading so us pore dial-up users don’t have as long of a page load…

MichaelRyanSD
02-15-2009, 07:11 PM
or if possible make it an options users can select

RussM
02-15-2009, 07:47 PM
There is an option to not display images in the User Control Panel.

And without meaning to sound harsh at all... just examining the reality of today's Internet: the Internet became dial-up "unfriendly" years ago - many sites are flat out unusable for all intents and purposes at 56kbs In 2004, the number of households in the US with broadband Internet access surpassed the number of those with dial-up. According to Neilsen (the same company that tracks TV viewing), dial-up users now comprise less than 8% of households.

Even my 82yo mother has 20 megabit Verizon FIOS!

H4Rk3R
02-15-2009, 09:44 PM
::drools at FIOS::

silly Verizon doesnt serve my street.... =/

... my grandma has dial-up... its painful to do anything online with it... i have sdreefs.com withdrawls when i go there...

RussM
02-15-2009, 10:38 PM
There is an option to not display images in the User Control Panel.
I should have elaborated... If the option in User CP (Edit Options/Thread Display Options/Visible Post Elements/Show Images is turned off, you will still see a hyperlink to the images in the posts. Clicking on the link will then display the image in a new window.

I use this option frequently when I'm on a business trip and the hotel's Internet connection is slow/overloaded.