SDguy
01-24-2009, 11:53 AM
huh? What are you refering to?

marineman1978
01-24-2009, 11:57 AM
once u register it should go away.

Technoviking
01-24-2009, 01:16 PM
When you log in it should go away, is it staying even when you're logged in?

MightyBostons9
01-27-2009, 12:02 AM
Even after i log in it still on there sometimes, but why even have it?

Maybe i want to do a quick check on things without logging in?

Now i just login just so its not there.

i Vote for it to be removed.............. if someone doesnt want to register, they shouldnt be hounded everytime they visit the site. idk

my .2

Technoviking
01-27-2009, 12:28 AM
I wouldn't really call that a hounding, it's just a reminder.

Registering doesn't cost anything or take much time.

MightyBostons9
01-27-2009, 10:57 AM
its annoying.... also telling people that unless you dont register then it wont go away. which is my only main concern.

nahtanoj
01-27-2009, 11:06 AM
that's pretty standard for any forum to have. many forums won't even let you browse if you don't register.

jrod11
01-27-2009, 11:10 AM
there is also a little "X" you can press to close it if you are not logged in i believe

DaveMorris
01-27-2009, 11:22 AM
Just register and make it a non-issue. Or better yet, pay the whopping $25 and support the terrific resource we have here. That's my $0.02 worth. You can also click the "remember me" box and it will log you in automatically provided you have cookies enabled.

socal57chevy
01-27-2009, 10:39 PM
I am registered. (hence my post) I close it. I click on another thread and it reappears. I find it annoying as well. I don't (usually) log in when I browse the threads. Now I suppose I will log in every visit to avoid the banner. If I open a new tab and view a different forum (even for a few minutes) I have to log back in when I return even though I stayed logged in and left the sdreefs tab open. That's kind of annoying as well.
I know that sounds like I'm not appreciative, but I really don't mean it to be. Just constructive criticism.

That being said...did sdreefs ever get bumper stickers made?

RussM
01-27-2009, 10:48 PM
socal57chevy... Do you have cookies allowed? Why would you not want to log in every time you visit? Just check the "Remember me" thing. By not logging in, you lose one of the best features (IMO)... New Posts.

socal57chevy
01-27-2009, 10:55 PM
socal57chevy... Do you have cookies allowed? Why would you not want to log in every time you visit? Just check the "Remember me" thing. By not logging in, you lose one of the best features (IMO)... New Posts.

I enabled "remember me" for use at home, but browsing during idle time at work...that's a different story.

or...will it remember more than one IP address? I could use the remember me for each machine I use.

RussM
01-27-2009, 11:01 PM
I enabled "remember me" for use at home, but browsing during idle time at work...that's a different story.
I never (cough cough) surf at work ;)

I could use the remember me for each machine I use.
I switch off between different computers all the time... always works fine for me - even the "last read" pointers.

socal57chevy
01-27-2009, 11:09 PM
I never (cough cough) surf at work ;)

I switch off between different computers all the time... always works fine for me - even the "last read" pointers.

I suppose that's it then. I'll just have all the machines I use remember me.

Now, about those stickers...