PDA

View Full Version : Zoa and/or Paly Disease?

dwrig
01-21-2009, 12:41 PM
Any idea what is causing this and recommended treatment(s)? It doesn't appear to be the dreaded pox - no white spots.

barometer
01-21-2009, 01:05 PM
I've lost SOOOOO many zoa colonies to the exact same thing. No idea what it is, not parasitic for sure, doesn't seem to be a fungus either. Bacterial infection has been my only guess, you could try doing a Melafix Marine dip (I have not tried this yet) if it does turn out to be bacterial. I sure hope there's an answer 'cause I'm sick of loosing zoas to this mystery :(

socal57chevy
01-28-2009, 09:56 PM
First thing I would do with sick zoas/palys is an iodine dip. Especially if you think it may be bacterial.

mikeyfromsd
01-28-2009, 11:10 PM
+1 on iodine dip.

I haven't seen that one before. Use some Lugol's iodine dip and follow the directions on it. Other than that, I have no idea what that is.

Lic3nc3ToKlLL
01-29-2009, 03:25 AM
I lost a huge colony of zoo's the same way. Tried Iodine and Freshwater dip nothing helped but yes like barometer said I haven't tried the melafix I would definitely give that a try because man when that crap happens it ticks me off!

dwrig
01-29-2009, 06:49 AM
No idea if its bacterial but dipped in Lugol's anyhow. The polyps are still closed up mostly but don't have the "head" anymore and are not oozing brown goo. Found the vitamin C treatment thread on RC and will give that a shot as well.

mikeyfromsd
01-29-2009, 09:32 PM
If they ooze brown goo every now and then, that's usually cause they are pooping. But if it's constant, dunno what it is. Mine poop about once a day. You should see my torch poop. 6 inches plus. Makes me proud!