PDA

View Full Version : WHOOPS. please read! tank question.

jbvdhp
10-24-2008, 12:38 AM
okay so i just realized the tank i bought and the stand that came with it are the same width BUT right at the edge of the stand, it curves downward, so there is a 3-5 mm portion of the tank on both R + L sides that is UNSUPPORTED by the stand. does this pose any potential problems? should i be too concerned? the tank is acrylic, and possibly ten years old. the depth is supported just fine, it's just the edges of the stand that have that "curve" to them that leave the sides unsupported.. :ohsnap:

thanks, sdr
john

Fink Ployd
10-24-2008, 08:40 PM
It would probably be fine but if you are really worried about it, get a piece of plywood thats the same dimensions as the tank, paint it to match, and put it between the tank and the stand. Just my 2 cents. BTW 3-5mm is verrrry small.

Alex

alittlesalty
10-24-2008, 09:27 PM
does the stand supprot the seem I would be a little afraid of the weight stressing the seem. But I dont have a degree in anything so I might just be afraid of water on the floor and dead livestock.

ManTis
10-24-2008, 09:29 PM
I would get a piece of styofoam at Home Depot and put it under the tank. It will distribute the weight of the tank evenly.

HTH
michael

jbvdhp
10-25-2008, 11:02 AM
great ideas! thanks i'll try to stuff styrofoam...very thin at that...under the crack.

ManTis
10-27-2008, 10:09 PM
Oh get a piece the size of the footprint of your tank and not just a small piece for the center.

GOOD LUCK...
michael

DaveMorris
10-27-2008, 10:33 PM
Styrofoam won't support the tank at all. The wood idea, combined with the styrofoam, I think would be best.