PDA

View Full Version : killed my fishes

azynman
10-20-2008, 10:10 PM
well it started with my gobies, kinda like a whitish spots but then looked kinda light brown film. then bam, they died one by one. i did a water change then my clowns got the same disease, then bam next day they both died...***
just wondering if this disease thrive off fish only, 'cause i have several corals in my tank doing well. since i have no more fishes, will this disease die off on its own or do i have to treat my tank? also how long should i wait to introduce more fishes??

ricenoodle
11-11-2008, 09:13 AM
I have the same thing happen to me several months ago. lost all my fish. It was due to me not quarantining my new livestock. What i did was let the tank sit fishless for 6 weeks with normal water changes and a bit of food for my inverts now and then. 2 weeks into it i got a qt setup and qt my new livestock in there all at once. so when 6 weeks goes by in the display my qt has been sitting for 4 weeks with no signs of disease i then introduce 1 fish into the tank per week. been 2 months and they've been doing great with no signs of disease. Hope that helps