PDA

View Full Version : FEELER: 250w DE MH retrofit

Daniel
02-11-2005, 03:52 PM
bought this USED from chillywilly about 1 wk ago for $225; wanted to upgrade to brighter lighting from 150w -> 250w but it turned out to be "TOO MUCH" for my little 20g tank...within 3 days half of my SPS bleached :( it's probably due to acclimation procedure and distance from light -> water line, so i've decided that this setup isn't right for me since i can't change height of MH... and i'm switching back to my 150w DE MH setup.

will told me that he ran the lights for less than 3 months before upgrading, and i've ran the lights for less than 3 days. ballast is as good as new, comes with everything you need to run it!

here's what's included: bendable reflector
tempered UV glass shield
20K DE bulb (i would say there's about 1/2 a year left use on it)
Jalli electronic ballast
all necessary wiring
anyways, will originally asked for $250, but we settled on $225, SO...i'm asking for $225 (the same price that i paid will for), since i only ran the setup for 3 days it's basically as new as it was when i bought it. i'm firm on the price and the first person to offer $225 takes it...

this is a "FEELER" b/c if i can't sell it, i'll try to figure out a way to use it when i upgrade tanks in a few months... but if i CAN sell it, i'll be happy to pass it onto someone who needs it (instead of having it sit in my closet)

please post or PM me for more information, i will post pictures of the setup later this evening. thanks for looking

--Daniel

Alexsd
02-12-2005, 02:24 AM
hey do you have a picture of it?

Daniel
02-12-2005, 02:26 AM
let me snap a quick pic of it, i'll post it in a few minutes...

EDIT:

here are some pix! reflector's got my dirty finger prints on em, didn't wipe it off for the pic, but u get the idea. i put my cell phone there so that u can judge the size of the retrofit... rough dims for the reflector + bulb are as follows: 11''L x 5''W x 2.5''H (the width can be adjusted to as small as 3.25'')

LMK if you're interested

everything included minus the phone (sorry for the dirty fingerprints!)
http://tinypic.com/1pigc6

close up on the specs for the ballast
http://tinypic.com/1pigci

picture of the 20K when it's on...
http://tinypic.com/1pih3m

Daniel
02-14-2005, 04:09 AM
to the top!

PM me or e-mail me at d18lee@ucsd.edu if you're interested...! LMK if u have anything worthwile to trade, i might consider trade + cash (depending on what's worth more to who etc)...

looking for a stand that's roughly in these dims (either or) 36Lx15W or 36Lx18W (height of stand i don't really care about, as long as it's higher than 30'')...

perhaps a sump would be cool too, this means anything that will fit under a 36'' (length) stand; preferably with baffles, not too old, and somewhere around 20-30 gallons :)

Daniel
02-15-2005, 03:20 AM
damn i hate re-selling things that i shouldn't have even bought, since i don't end up using them...
:( :( :(

i always end up taking the hit in between sellers/buyers and lose money by dropping prices ... :mad:

THEREFORE, i'm dropping the price to $200... i need the cash, someone pick this up, please?!

luistwentyone
02-15-2005, 08:48 AM
but, have you paid kyle yet ?

Daniel
02-15-2005, 08:55 AM
heh, i should... i haven't met him recently to give him back his $5 bucks yet (result for not carrying "change")

maybe it's time for me to paypal him instead of waiting to meet him again :D

Daniel
03-21-2005, 08:38 PM
bumping this old thread up... been 1 month already, had a few inquiries but nothing "serious" ...this is a like new 250w DE MH retrofit (including 20K bulb/ballast/wires- wire it and fire it!). ideal for canopy retrofits... may also be used as a pendant but might not be as tidy as if it were under a canopy

the light is still available and sitting in my closet.

price drop from $225 to $200.

specs are shown above in the first post, fixture still in the same condition in which i received it in (less than 3 months old, still looks and functions like NEW)! please PM me if you have questions, and i guess this is the last time i'll have it available, if it doesn't sell for $200, i'm going to find some way to use it in my new tank. thanks for looking.